my $16 loading bench

PDA

HSMITH
May 8, 2003, 06:07 PM
Ignore the mess, the camera just got back from the doc and I am right in the middle of some lube testing on some bullets I just cast.........

There are a couple things I am not totally happy with, but I built this from lumber I scrounged out of a machinery crate. Total investment so far in the bench is $16 and small change for screws (no nails) and some poly with stain in it, oh and a brush to apply the poly. Still need to poly the lower shelf, and build another shelf above the main deck in the back. It is 40" deep by 6 feet long and 36" deck height, so there is plenty of room for a shelf above and behind the presses without crowding, and I have already gotten the lumber to do it.

The top is 2x8s on 4x4, with 2 layers of 1/2" plywood on top of that, legs are all 2x8 too. Total weight is very close to if not over "a lot" , that sucker does not move even when in full rock and roll mode on any of the presses.

Still a work in progress though. The shelf up top is needed and I am doing the layout for an aluminum plate that will have holes drilled and tapped where I can "quick change" out a couple of different presses that are off in the corner, bullet luber and stuff like that. The plate will be bolted permanantly to the bench and the stuff I only use occasionally will all be able to occupy the same real estate when being used. I am out of room in the gun/loading room so the modularity will be welcomed and the room around each press will not get cluttered and scrunched.

Any suggestions? How did you do your bench?

If you enjoyed reading about "my $16 loading bench" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jeeper
May 8, 2003, 06:30 PM
I could help you clean it up a little. Just send me the dillon and you will have a lot more space:D :D

If you enjoyed reading about "my $16 loading bench" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!