Recommended Reference - Second Amendment Primer

PDA

kengrubb
August 25, 2006, 02:45 AM
One of the most potent references on the Second Amendment is, IMHO, The Second Amendment Primer. It was written by an attorney, Les Adams, commissioned by the NRA, and published by Palladium Press. It has perhaps the best bibliography I've seen to date on the subject, the index is quite good, and there are copious footnotes. The language is clear, not legalistic--although quotes from caselaw can be abstract and complex.

Why it's no longer available from the NRA Bookstore is beyond me.

Palladium has it for $29.95, and it's worth it.
http://www.palladiumpress.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PP&Product_Code=WW02P

Some places where I've seen copies available for less: biblio.com, ebay.com, half.com, amazon.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Recommended Reference - Second Amendment Primer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
xd9fan
August 25, 2006, 03:24 AM
GREAT LITTLE BOOK. Its packed. The other three books are equally good as well. Bravo Les Adams!

El Tejon
August 25, 2006, 09:02 AM
Highly recommended.

It is no longer carried by the NRA as there is not a single mention of duck hunting.:uhoh: :D

Harve Curry
August 26, 2006, 11:10 AM
Great book. It documents the right to keep and bear arms back to ancient times, Greece, England. Interesting how English law evolved, the right to bear arms, sheriff's being unarmed but citizens expected to help them when they were in trouble. Lots of info in a small package. There's even a deluxe hard cover version I got for myself.
I give them away as Christmas presents.
I always bought them directly from Palladium Press, I didn't know NRA ever carried them.

dejadoo
August 26, 2006, 12:00 PM
kengrubb,

Thanks for the link to biblio.com. I just purchased a new copy for $10.00 with shipping.

If you enjoyed reading about "Recommended Reference - Second Amendment Primer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!