Help me find a factory kentucky rifle ramrod!


August 27, 2006, 04:07 PM
Is there any place I can get a factory issued ramrod for the flintlock Kentucky Rifle from Pedersoli? The place I bought it from "Cabelas" only has replacing fiberglass rods that don't hold in the rod holders, and hickory ones that don't have the brass ends. Pedersoli themselves said I'd have to send them a check for the magazine, and then send them another check by ordering it from the magazine, which I'm too lazy to do really. I kinda feel stupid having this big rifle around with no way to load it. I would sell it but I don't think anyone would be interested in buying a muzzleloader that doesn't have a ramrod.

Anyone know any sites that sell factory issued stuff like this. I'd appreciate all the help I can get.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me find a factory kentucky rifle ramrod!" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
August 27, 2006, 04:43 PM
Most places like Dixie, Log Cabin and Cains will have what you are looking for.

B.D. Turner
August 27, 2006, 06:50 PM
You could always make one. My first call would be to Dixie Gun Works. Rods that come with most rifles will work in a pinch or reloading in the field. If you shoot regular a range rod would be better and will last forever.

August 28, 2006, 02:05 AM
Your local hardware store carries the long wooden dowl rods of wood in various diameters. I still have 3 or 4 that I had made and soaked in kerocene after carving and shaping them from 20 years ago...I was sellin' them and usin' them. Can attach old brass hardware if held on with brass nails, ect. Or buy hardware to attach.
Just a thought for keepin it authentic.

August 28, 2006, 07:51 AM
Be carefull with the hardwood dowels. some of them can have an almost cross wise grain and if they break while you are seating a ball they leave an almost spear like point that have gone thru an unsuspecting hand. A good rod will be rived out of a blank that leaves the grain pretty much parallel to the rod, and much stronger.

Brian Williams
August 28, 2006, 09:57 AM
Buy a good fiberglass rod and use that for loading, keep the wood for pretty.

1911 guy
August 28, 2006, 11:01 AM
Great places. My last order from Dixie came two weeks ago and I live an hour away from Log Cabin shop.

But about your ramrod. Buy a fiberglass one to use until you get your hickory one up and running. To do a hickory properly, buy the rod (Three for under 20.00 from Dixie) and brass ends (less than 2.00 each) and attach them. easy to do if you have a vise and hand drill.

If you want detailed instructions, including how to make your hickory rod nearly unbreakable, PM me.

August 29, 2006, 11:35 AM
This is one of the 1st main distributors of Pedersoli guns in the U.S., Mr. Beauchamp may be able to help you get an original ramrod.

FLINTLOCKS, ETC. 160 Rossiter Rd. Richmond, MA 01254. Phone No.: 413-698-3822 ... Distributor


If you enjoyed reading about "Help me find a factory kentucky rifle ramrod!" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!