Need help badly.

PDA

Wilhelm
May 9, 2003, 12:45 AM
In the next 2 days or so I am going to purchase either and EOTech holo sight or an Aimpoint ML2. I just cant decide which I like better. Aimpoint looks way cooler, has the goverment contract but is a little more pricey. EOTech seems to have the better reticle and is cheaper. Everytime I see a soldier or LEO with a red dot its an Aimpoint, I have yet to see an EOTech actually used. Please give me any and all feed back you guys might have.

Wilhelm

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help badly." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pheonix
May 9, 2003, 01:23 AM
I dont know anything about the EOTech. However I have heard nothing but good things about Aimpoint. When I get my AR an Aimpoint is going on.

Airwolf
May 9, 2003, 02:32 AM
I've got an Aimpoint on my M1A Scout. Built like a tank, easy to see in bright sun and wicked fast for target acquisition.

It was a toss up for me between the EOTech and Aimpoint. After Googling my fingers raw for days I came to the conclusion that both do what they are supposed to do and are worth the price. The deciding factor for me was the eye relief of the M1A Scout vs. the size of the optics. The EOTech is (I believe) a 30x23mm rectangle and the Aimpoint is 30mm round.

I mocked up cardboard tubes on the M1A and did some testing. The larger ocular size made the decision for me.

If I had an AR I'd probably have gone for the EOTech because I do like the reticle better than a plain dot.

Wilhelm
May 9, 2003, 09:59 PM
Hey Airwolf where in So Cal do you live. I'd like to take a look at that Aimpoint if I could. I cant find one in stock anywhere. Wich may lead me to buy the EOTech.

Wilhelm

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help badly." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!