Just Say Thanks, Send A Vet A Free Postcard

PDA

Lambo
August 28, 2006, 09:09 PM
Just Say Thanks!

How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one !.

If you go to the web site at http://www.letssaythanks.com you can pick out a thank you card and the Xerox Corporation will print it and it will be sent to a Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine that is currently serving in Iraq. You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member of the armed services. It is FREE and it only takes a second. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the Soldiers received a bunch of these?
I sent one, and it is very easy and takes less than a minute.
I know you'll pass along.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just Say Thanks, Send A Vet A Free Postcard" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nathaniel Firethorn
August 28, 2006, 09:39 PM
Done.

It's interesting to note that all the childrens' card designs are from red states (with the possible exception of one from MD.)

- NF

SolaScriptura139
August 28, 2006, 09:53 PM
Done. Sent mine in with a custom message. I recommend that everyone who does this make a custom message, it will mean more to the soldier.

GoRon
August 28, 2006, 10:58 PM
Done, personal message included.

SolaScriptura139
August 28, 2006, 11:06 PM
It would be great if one of the MOD's could sticky this for a while, as this would be really nice for all of The High Road members to participate in. If we don't show support of our troops, they won't feel support, thus affecting morale.

FTF
August 28, 2006, 11:29 PM
That is a cool deal, and yes, it's free. No need to enter an email or anything.

I picked custom message, I'm sure it means more than some canned response.

Takes 1 minute and if it gives 5 seconds of amusement or 1/5th of a smile to one of the guys over there, it's well worth it.

U.S.SFC_RET
August 30, 2006, 12:04 AM
Where can I send a care package to a soldier? Does anyone know?

DRZinn
August 30, 2006, 12:19 AM
Sent, with personalized message.

leadcounsel
August 30, 2006, 12:59 AM
Done with a personal message and thanks for the link.

sgtdevildog
August 30, 2006, 07:24 AM
Done. Great idea. Semper Fidelis.

Aggie's Revenge
August 30, 2006, 05:47 PM
Done. Ever notice how hard it is putting a thank you for such a big sacrifice in just a few short words?

And to quote Sgt Devildog.."Semper Fi!"

Nathaniel Firethorn
August 31, 2006, 09:46 AM
It would be great if one of the MOD's could sticky this for a while, as this would be really nice for all of The High Road members to participate in. If we don't show support of our troops, they won't feel support, thus affecting morale.I've asked.

- NF

#shooter
August 31, 2006, 10:08 AM
Where can I send a care package to a soldier? Does anyone know?
http://www.anysoldier.com/

I like anysoldier because you can see individual requests, leave dates, living conditions, # of personnel, etc. This is helpful so you don't send microvae popcorn to someone that doesn't have access to a microwave. You can send specialized items to individuals or groups. Jerkey is always popular. What is good about this site is that it is updated by the soldiers themselves (for the most part) so when they get enough or too much of one item they can change their request. I like to send stuff to the K9 units. Treats for the 2 legged and 4 legged soldiers.

For general donation you can use the USO.
http://www.uso.org/howtohelp/makeadonation/

U.S.SFC_RET
September 6, 2006, 08:02 PM
Thank you I will send packages to anysoldier.com. I knew what it was like to get them when I was deployed. I am still touched by the generosity of the public backing the soldiers received.

AJAX22
September 7, 2006, 07:33 PM
Done, with personal message, its hard to cram something that important and emotional into a short note. took me almost 45 min to get it to say what I wanted.

carl418
September 7, 2006, 10:29 PM
Done, and what a great idea!!

Azrael256
September 9, 2006, 05:23 AM
took me almost 45 min to get it to say what I wanted 20 minutes for three lines. Still working on it, actually.

I think I might make this a daily thing.

leadcounsel
September 10, 2006, 09:43 AM
BTT

Tropical Z
September 10, 2006, 01:23 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

Huddog
September 11, 2006, 09:24 PM
Completed it just now. Thanks for making us aware

Ezekiel
September 12, 2006, 05:54 PM
Just sent, with personal note.

"Good stuff."

lionking
September 13, 2006, 12:03 AM
Lance Cpl. William C. James was the proud recipient of Operation Gratitudeís 150,000th package. Operation Gratitude is a nonprofit organization that assembles and distributes packages to servicemembers deployed all over the world. James and other Marines from 1st Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment were lucky recipients of a few of the packages.

RoarinRow
September 16, 2006, 01:26 AM
Awesome, thanks for the link! :)

Lambo
September 18, 2006, 11:39 PM
My nephew goes back to the Sandbox in February for his 3rd Tour. Lets all see that he receives a package or 2 when that time comes!
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d9/RWLambo/Family%20Pics/Mike1.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d9/RWLambo/Family%20Pics/MikesCrew.jpg

Desperado
September 22, 2006, 04:13 PM
Done. God bless the men and women of the armed forces.

Cowboybootnut
September 27, 2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks and dittos for all information above. I had a good friend serve in Iraq for two tours of duty and I sent him 2 "Care Packages" during that time, that he shared with his squad. I received many thanks from them.

Since he has returned, I have wanted to send more packages, so the link is very useful.

I can never adequately express my gratitude to all of the people who serve our country.

SoCalShooter
November 4, 2006, 05:46 PM
DONE!! Thanks for the link.;)

Green Lantern
November 4, 2006, 06:01 PM
I was reminded of this topic when I got to do it in PERSON today - saw some Korean War vets collecting donations at Wally World this afternoon. They thanked me for my donation, and I thanked them for their service! :)

TCB in TN
November 7, 2006, 11:29 PM
Thanks for posting the link. Sent my personal message and forwarded to my address book. Least we can do for the great folks in the service.

And to all here who once served or are active today, you have my respect, and my gratitude. Thank you for all you have done!

rugbyer81
November 9, 2006, 05:40 PM
Done with a custom message. With the job they are doing over there, this is the absolute least I can do. I'm sending out an email forwading the website to my friends.

BJPZOO
November 12, 2006, 03:34 AM
Mine is sent!!!! To all you guy and gals in the U.S.A.F Thanks a Million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kidcoltoutlaw
November 14, 2006, 12:49 AM
Thanks,Keith

Steve 48
November 30, 2006, 11:36 AM
Its really nice to receive mail while on active duty in a war zone. I remember 1969 in Vietnam, all mail was much appreciated. Steve48

Uncle Buck
December 1, 2006, 02:09 PM
Done. Thanks for the heads up.

Slide45
December 26, 2006, 11:34 PM
Done!!!!
and thanks , God Bless our troops.
Last year I was fishing on the lake three big DC's flew over my boat. (I think they were DC's) I looked up and I took my hat off, waved at them like a mad man, just to say hello. They passsed over and I didn't think anything more about it. And then here they come again in formation and all three tipped there wings at the same time. I can only tell you I felt like THE MAN that day and will never forget it. Yup I was proud as a peacock. Just a little thing but it made my day. Sometimes it's the little things that count.

BW

Stachie
January 8, 2007, 12:48 AM
I just sent a personalized message and I must say that I feel very grateful. I have always supported the troops and their mission, but sending the message made me more appreciative. God bless our troops!

IllHunter
January 11, 2007, 01:02 PM
Great idea, lets keep it going.

pauly walnuts
January 15, 2007, 11:44 PM
This is cool, sent one today and shared on one of my car sites. I would have loved to got one while I was in so this was a must.

billp
January 17, 2007, 08:31 PM
We may be coming to conclusion of a 15 year legal battle because the FBI decided to finger sandia national laboratories?

http://www.prosefights.org/nmlegal/fbifoia/mueller/mueller.htm#mueller

Fawkes
January 19, 2007, 11:52 AM
I've done this. Very cool. If you want to go a step beyond, adopt a soldier at soldiersangels.com (http://soldiersangels.com/).

Smite
January 19, 2007, 12:31 PM
You all are doing a great thing.

For anyone who hasn't served, I assure you, there is nothing better than getting a thank you every once in awhile.:D

Russ
January 24, 2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the post.

JD0608
February 18, 2007, 10:35 PM
DONE.........with most of the media telling our troops and their family that we are losing the war, and only showing the bad.. we need more things like this to let our troops know we are behind them 100% good job.

cyberhh
February 19, 2007, 12:56 PM
Done. Had my daughter come over and pick one out. She is 5 and we are learning about soldiers and the sacrifice they make, and the respect any person in uniform deserves for it.

10-Ring
March 12, 2007, 12:23 AM
Awesome site, wish I had seen it sooner!
God Bless all our troops!

leadcounsel
February 19, 2009, 05:01 PM
bttt

Vicious-Peanut
February 19, 2009, 05:21 PM
Sent.

I found it difficult to put my respect and thanks for them into words, I hope it comes across as strongly as I meant it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just Say Thanks, Send A Vet A Free Postcard" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!