Radio Shootout Report

PDA

anchored
May 9, 2003, 08:29 AM
I'm not sure what this says about media gun bias, but I thought it was fairly amusing. Following is, as best I can remember it, a radio report I just heard:

"Two men went at each other with guns last night in Jefferson, but luckily they were both piss-poor shots because they were twenty feet away from each other, and only one emerged with a superficial wound to the arm."

edit:

Here's a newpaper report:

OK Corral in Jefferson, sheriff says

Bullets flew through the air Thursday night when two men had a shootout just outside Jefferson in Kanawha County.

“It was just like the OK Corral,” said Kanawha County Sheriff Dave Tucker. “That’s the only way you cold describe this ...”

Victor Martin and Kenneth Clark stood less than 20 feet from one another about 8:45 p.m., both firing guns, said Chief Deputy Phil Morris. Surprisingly, only one was wounded, he said.

Martin, whose age and address was not available, was taken to a hospital for treatment of a wound to the arm, Morris said. Tucker said the wound appeared to be superficial.

The shootout occurred outside Clark’s 3101-A Georges Drive residence, Morris said, and was the result of a domestic dispute.

Investigators believe Martin went to Clark’s residence, which currently has no electric power, he said. Clark, whose age was also was not available, allegedly opened the door and shot at Martin, who grabbed the gun and fled off the porch.

Clark then came outside with another gun and the two exchanged gunfire. Morris was not certain how many shots were fired by the two.

Tucker said Clark was being questioned and will be charged. He had not been arraigned before a magistrate late Thursday.

If you enjoyed reading about "Radio Shootout Report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mikul
May 9, 2003, 10:09 AM
"Two men went at each other with guns last night in Jefferson, but luckily they were both piss-poor shots because they were twenty feet away from each other, and only one emerged with a superficial wound to the arm."

The must have been off-duty cops.
[flame suit on!]

If you enjoyed reading about "Radio Shootout Report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!