Gemtech vs. Advanced Arm.

PDA

DocHarman
August 29, 2006, 01:31 PM
I need some feedback.

9mm suppressor: Gemtech vs. Advanced Armament?

AAC is double the cost, but is the cost worth it?

I read good reviews about each, but have not found a side-by-side comparison.

So for those of you who have shot one (or both), I need some votes of confidence.

As always, thanks!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Gemtech vs. Advanced Arm." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wdlsguy
August 29, 2006, 04:19 PM
Have you looked at the Silencer Test Results (http://silencertests.com/reviews/list.pl?sortby=suppressed) at silencertests.com?

CleverNickname
August 29, 2006, 08:09 PM
Which models? Both companies produce several models of 9mm suppressors.

August 30, 2006, 12:05 AM
I can't give you a comparison because I have never had a Gemtech. I own four Advanced Armament suppressors and couldn't be happier.

In 9mm I have a Evolution 9 and it is VERY quiet with subsonic ammo. It is almost as quiet as my .22 suppressors.

DocHarman
August 30, 2006, 11:47 AM
I am looking at the Trinity from Gemtech and the Evo 9 from AAC.

August 30, 2006, 12:03 PM
Well, again, I have never heard the Gemtech Trinity. I thought about buying that at first but changed my mind based on the stuff I read on www.silencertests.com Everyone that posted on there about their Evolution 9 thought it was great. According to the tests done on that board the Evo is the quietest 9mm suppressor on the market. So, I bought the AAC. I realize that the guy running that website is now employed by AAC and their might be some bias, but I personally don't think so.

Anyway, when I first got the suppressor I fired it with regular supersonic ammo and I wasn't impressed at all. Then, I loaded up some 147 grain subsonic stuff and was amazed at how quiet it is. As I said earlier, I own three different .22LR suppressors and this Evo9 is just about as quiet as a suppressed .22. It is very close to "Hollywood Quiet".

If you are looking at the Trinity, you might be looking at using the suppressor on a submachine gun and a carbine also. I don't believe the AAC Evo9 is designed for full auto use but don't hold me to that because I don't really know. For my 9mm AR15 I bought the LRM M169 suppressed upper and only use my Evo9 on handguns.

Beren
August 30, 2006, 08:06 PM
I own a Gemtech Trinity, but have never had an opportunity to compare it to an Evo-9. Reportedly the Evo-9 has better sound reduction, but it also costs significantly more.

I'm happy with the Trinity, especially with 147gr ammo. I use it on both a Beretta 92 and a 9mm Colt AR-15.

Keep in mind that with suppressors, one should consider a softer view of price differences. It is not something you can quickly or easily sell should you decide you're unsatisfied. If you have a local dealer who will demo both cans, that would be ideal!

If you enjoyed reading about "Gemtech vs. Advanced Arm." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!