new lee-enfield barrel?

PDA

Tokugawa
August 31, 2006, 11:56 AM
I have an old 1944 .303, mark 4 31 longbranch. The rifle has been sporterized , has a very rough bore, two groove rifling. Tried to clean it up with a lot of brushing, not a lot of improvement. The crown is also a little suspect. I will take it to the range to check out accuracy, as far as I can remember it was pretty horrible. So- is there a source for cheap surplus barrels? Or should it get retired?

If you enjoyed reading about "new lee-enfield barrel?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SigfanUSAF
August 31, 2006, 08:16 PM
I haven't seen any cheap enfield barrels. If your going to retire it though, shoot me a price, and I'll give 'er new life!!!

Jim K
September 1, 2006, 03:25 PM
It is nearly impossible in the US to obtain any barrel in .303; they just don't make them, and I know of no source of new surplus barrels. Barrels are available sometimes from the parts suppliers, but they will be used and quality would be spotty.

Jim

shooter503
September 1, 2006, 10:10 PM
Austalia and Canada are probably best place to look. Longbranch is in Canada. There used to be superb Canadian barrels but probably tough to find now.

Stryker60
September 5, 2006, 11:00 PM
"It is nearly impossible in the US to obtain any barrel in .303; they just don't make them, and I know of no source of new surplus barrels."

Pac Nor and Krieger list .303 barrels.

If you enjoyed reading about "new lee-enfield barrel?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!