Robar finish work?

PDA

Mastrogiacomo
May 9, 2003, 08:10 PM
I don't have the money for a while yet but trying to get feedback on the topic. I'm thinking of getting a gun worked on by Robar, either a Black 92FS full size, depending on what happens in a couple of weeks, or another Black Beretta compact. I can't decide whether to just give the slide a N3P job or do the slide and internals. Which would be better?

If you enjoyed reading about "Robar finish work?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MolonLabe416
May 9, 2003, 08:35 PM
I'd do the internals as well.

Mastrogiacomo
May 9, 2003, 08:54 PM
I'm a little confused by Robar's custom finishes. What's the difference between N3P and Electroless Nickel? Aren't they essentially the same thing? Which would be more durable?

BlkHawk73
May 9, 2003, 09:42 PM
i had my HK USP done by them 5 or 6 yrs ago and it still looks like the day I got it back. All externals are done in Rogaurd and all internals are done in NP3. The rogaurd is a much deeper black and more durable than the factory HE finish. Both greatly aid in cleaning and the NP3 slicked up the action a bit. Worth it...yes. I'll likely have my P7M8 done in the same manner.

Np3 vs. electrless nickel -

The obvious difference is the color itself. NP3 has a soft pewter finish. It also utilizes teflon-like particles which allow it a self-lubicting quality.

Mastrogiacomo
May 10, 2003, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the info folks. As I said, a future project but I do love the look.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Robar finish work?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!