Ruger/Crossman airgun?

PDA

Shweboner
May 10, 2003, 01:52 AM
I had a customer ask me about an airgun she had, it is marked with Ruger and Crossman, she couldnt tell me anything else about it. Not even what kind of action it was. So I am wondering about it now... I have never seen or heard of Ruger being involved in airguns... So if you guys could shine a little light on this.... if at all.

Thanks

~Brian

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger/Crossman airgun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Preacherman
May 10, 2003, 07:40 AM
Is she perhaps talking about a Crossman replica airgun version of a Ruger pistol?

Shweboner
May 10, 2003, 11:56 AM
That may well be, I think she was talking about it being a rifle??

I tried asking her the simplest questions, she just shook her head and said she wasn't a 'gun person' and didn't know.

I felt like just asking her why the hell she even brought it up... How does she even know its a bb gun? How does she know its not just an umbrella? I dont know why people do stuff like that. Ahhhhhhhh retail, gotta love it.:cool:

~Brian

TheLastBoyScout
May 10, 2003, 11:51 PM
Could be a crosman 10/77. It's been advertised as a .177 version of the 10/22. I haven't handled one in a few years, and don't remember if it had Ruger markings, but it could have.

Autolite
May 11, 2003, 12:16 AM
I 'm not sure exactly how it works but I believe Crosman is tied in with Walther who makes these replica air pistols. I've seen the faux Glocks, S&W, and others, but haven't encountered a 'Ruger/Crosman' air rifle yet ...

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger/Crossman airgun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!