Ebay humor.

PDA

WonderNine
May 10, 2003, 05:04 PM
It's nice that we'll be able to buy THIS (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3606813486&category=36257&rd=1) for $19.99 again next fall.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Ebay humor." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jmurman
May 10, 2003, 05:08 PM
prices should drop too. They are asking $105! for this!

J Miller
May 10, 2003, 05:32 PM
We can only hope that congress will see fit to be too busy to pass the bills needed to keep the AWB in force.

But I'm not holding my breath. I think since Bush likes it, congress won't butt heads with him.

It will probably be renewed, and that mag, if even legal will cost much more.

WonderNine
May 10, 2003, 05:57 PM
You know that ain't gonna happen :D

The bill is gonna expire and that's that :rolleyes:

Dave Markowitz
May 10, 2003, 09:11 PM
The bill is gonna expire and that's that

While the existing ban will expire, we as gun owners cannot afford to be complacement and ASSume that a replacement won't be enacted. Gunowners need to hold their politcritters' feet to the fire, starting NOW.

Combat-wombat
May 10, 2003, 09:15 PM
Bush will sign a new ban in 2004, he even said so himself. I just hope it doesn't get enacted right after the expiration of the old ban and there is a gap in which we can buy real magazines and real guns. Congress is on our side, though, so there is a small chance it won't pass.

Destructo6
May 10, 2003, 11:06 PM
Bush said he'd re-authorize the ban, but what's implied there is that he has to be sent a nearly identical one in order to re-authorize.

If he's sent one that's drastically different, either through sabotage or Dem zeal, he can veto it. If it never makes it out of Congress, he can't sign it. Either way, he can honestly say he's kept his word and campaign promise.

Our task is to ensure that that's the way it goes down. Pun intended.

QuickDraw
May 11, 2003, 01:11 AM
Whatever it was,I guess Ebay shut it down.
What was it?:confused:

QuickDraw

D.W. Drang
May 11, 2003, 01:49 AM
I assume that was a full capacity magazine which eBay saw fit to pull, for some reason...

I agree, I think President Bush is saying he would authorize an extension as a politcal maneuver, hoping that the anti-freedom forces will approve of him therefore and that we will see that he DIDN'T sign one--cuz he ain't gonna get it!;) --and not hold it against him.
Except, of course, for those who say that any vote we lose is because the NRA sold us out...:banghead:

Mike Irwin
May 11, 2003, 02:10 AM
I'm getting an invalid item -- no longer in the database or some such...

Combat-wombat
May 11, 2003, 04:43 AM
In response to Destructo6, Bush is just simply too stupid to know what the hell he's doing. It's not like he'll actually know if the new ban is drastically different.

Number 6
May 11, 2003, 06:01 AM
Why do you say Bush is stupid?

Detritus
May 11, 2003, 04:16 PM
Why do you say Bush is stupid? i wouldn't say stupid....

Dyslexic (his aides read his breifing notes/papers to him), dishonorable (he's been AWOL From the AFRes/ANG since not long after flight school, wait after this long.. THAT'S called "desertion" isn't it??!!??), arrogant. and showing a great many signs of suffering from some rather scary mental conditions, of which the alcoholism and Coke addiction could be "self-medication", and never had to WORK a day in his life. THESE are the things i would say about bush.

i won't say that Gore would have been better. i don't know.

what i DO know is that regardless of his "public" stance on gun-rights G.W. Bush scares the hell out of me. we now have a man in office who has said "I served" while in truth has disgraced the uniform and legally should have spent a term in a stockade. a president who has unresolved anger management problems and shows signs of borderline Sociopathic behavior, in his speaches alone!! and on top of this there is great and public evidence that the man CAN'T READ!!

i'm scared of all this and incensed, and i'm a republican!!

remember as well, we have to think BEYOND Sept 2004 in regard to our gun rights. what happens if Bush is ousted, for the results of his OTHER decisions, in the elections that come right on the heels of the AWB sunset??? what if we get the same sort of backlash election that put Clinton in office?? what happens if we wind up with a Democrat president AND somehow while we're not really looking b/c of a false sense of acheivment, another STRONGER bill IS passed on for signature???

in otherwords my fellow shooters, don't get so focused on one issue and one "victory to be won" that you lose sight of the rest of the problems that can beset us. I want the AWB to die just as much as the rest of you, it's a ignorant, astheticly based, useless law that did NOTHING to curb crime. as well as being an infringment. but i also want the sunset to STICK!! not just be trumped by the passing of a doozy of a law as soon as the next Democrat majority happens.

Remember as well that it is a REPUBLICAN controled government that wants to troll the Net, you're employer, bank and other records for info and then correlate that info back to your ownership of guns!!! sounds to me as if they want a listing of "those who might try to EXERCISE the 2nd Amendment". they're like every other powerful group of humans, they want to STAY in power, even if it means finding sneaky ways to spy on us, and quite possibly revoke our rights just because we speak out and own a gun!!! :cuss:

I also read the constitution as giving me the RIGHT to voice a minority oppinion, to speak out , sometimes quite loudly about the things that disturb me about the goings on of my government. and i beleive EVERYONE has this right. and to deny it to ONE, is to start down a slippery slope to denying it to ALL.

[rant off, now to go put on nomex and find a cave] again, not meaning to troll, just expressing my feelings about this, feelings i know are not popular with many if not the majority of you.

Number 6
May 11, 2003, 09:10 PM
What mental conditions does President Bush suffer from and what sociopathic behavior has he expressed in his speeches?

May 12, 2003, 11:23 AM
Methinks "D" is confusing bush and clinton...

geojap
May 12, 2003, 12:04 PM
I know it's unpopular to criticize republicans on firearms forums, because they support our RKBA much more so than Democrats. They are not perfect, however, and George Bush Jr is definitely less than perfect with a laundry list of serious flaws in his public record and character.

Detritus has some nuggets of truth in his rant. Bush does respond in general out of anger. If you look into his past, he has cussed out public figures in front of their families in restaraunts before because they offended his father. He was AWOL from his National Guard service. He is from TEXAS and he is going to pass the AW Ban if it gets to his desk! Come on! I'm from Texas and even though most of my friends and family might not own an AK, FAL or AR themselves, they think I (or anyone else who is responsible) should be able to own one. It's a God-given right here to bear arms, if you are being responsible.

I'm fiercely politically independent, but I support the republicans when it comes to things like the 2nd amendment and fiscal management. But some of the things that Bush is doing are outright scary. The 2nd Patriot Act that Ashcroft wanted has some things in it that I'm not comfortable with. Our entire government was founded on the checks-and-balances principal, so we would never live under the likes of a totalitarian King George III. But Bush has repeatedly tried to run the government in secrecy and hide his administrations actions from the public (re: dealings with corporations, secret justice department investigations, holding foreign combatants without providing evidence), and that is not American. I do support him and hope he does the right thing and allows the AW Ban to sunset, but he does scare me sometimes.

Do rememeber to write your representatives. Keep the pressure on and let them know we care and want them to do the right thing.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ebay humor." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!