Tools you need

PDA

B.D. Turner
September 8, 2006, 11:58 AM
I have discovered a needed tool you must keep handy for an SKS.
To find out your need first insert your forefinger into the trap door in your SKS buttplate. Now push that cleaning kit down.
Now bend the end of your finger you should be able to feel the cleaning kit press against your fingernail.

It's starting to hurt by now so try to pull your finger out. Pull harder. Try to push the cleaning kit down. Nope that doesn't work either. You start to sweat. Your finger is stuck. You wonder why you ever stuck your finger in there. You wish you had never bought an SKS..........

Now you will need a flat tip screwdriver to get that finger out.
NOTICE:This will never happen while at your work bench or anywhere near tools. Your mind spins and screams "This thing has to come off of my finger!!!". Kitchen butter knife will not work you need a tool. You make it to your tools hope the key to your tool box is not in the wrong pocket.
You grab the screwdriver and start to remove the screws. The finger is still pounding. You find that you have to remove the screws not just get them loose.
Pull your finger free. You did it! Your finger is now multi colored and looks like Jerry Garcias T shirt.

That was fun but if it happens to you it will not be funny.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tools you need" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1911 guy
September 8, 2006, 12:38 PM
No, not the other end of your finger, that would be pretty difficult! Put the flat end of the kit, the capped end, into the stock. This leaves the rounded end to come out of the stock first. Just push on the trap door a bit and let the spring inside the buttstock do the rest.

Why do I know this? My experience was similar to yours!

If you enjoyed reading about "Tools you need" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!