Gunshots top reason for uninsured hospital stays

PDA

Diesle
January 4, 2003, 10:13 PM
Gunshots top reason for uninsured hospital stays (http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/01/02/gun.injuries.cost.ap/index.html)

Ill take 1 peice and leave the rest to you...

More than half the shootings occurred during assaults, about 30 percent were accidental and 8 percent were self-inflicted. The cause of the others could not be determined.

Wondering.... of the half that occurred during assaults, how many of the reported patients are the assailant or the victim...?

Diesle

If you enjoyed reading about "Gunshots top reason for uninsured hospital stays" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lone_Gunman
January 4, 2003, 10:17 PM
It has been my experience that very few innocent people get shot.

Most people who get shot are somewhere they shouldnt be, doing something they shouldnt do, at a time when they should be home asleep. And they are usually drunk, and sometimes high on dope.

Preacherman
January 4, 2003, 10:23 PM
Let's see now...More than half the shootings occurred during assaults, about 30 percent were accidental and 8 percent were self-inflicted. The cause of the others could not be determined. Well, "more than half" is at least 51%, so adding that to the other two figures given, we've already accounted for a minimum of 89% of the shootings. So only 11% were of undetermined cause? What about police shootings, self-defence against home intrusion (e.g. burglars), etc.? Surely these should account for more than 11%? Me smelleth an large, hairy, unwashed rat in this analysis...

Blackhawk
January 4, 2003, 11:23 PM
Lone_Gunman nailed it.

I doubt if many gang bangers, etc., have insurance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gunshots top reason for uninsured hospital stays" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!