how do i save thread

PDA

Doc
May 11, 2003, 01:29 PM
I tried the FAQ, and the search function
and I manually reviewed all the postings in tech support since the beginning, but I can't find how to save threads.

Do you just subscribe and that list is your "saved" list?

What if I wanted to unsubscribe (not get new posts) but still wanted access at a later date:

i.e. a thread about black powder loads for 45-70, which I do not currently load/own but plan to in the future, so I don't want all the email reminders when new posts are added, but in 3 months I will need the info...

Thanks a bunch,

Doc

If you enjoyed reading about "how do i save thread" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
P95Carry
May 11, 2003, 01:41 PM
Doc ........ I run a VBulletin board .. and I'd suggest....

1] Bookmark the page containing the subject you want to access again. The URL you save should get you back there any time later, if database still complete.

2] Make a note of good keywords ...... specific if poss ..... and then later on come back and search using those . that should find you the thread.

3] If there is info in there already that you want to save .... try (in IE) ''save page as'' - ''Web page complete''. This should archive that quite well .... tho running .php as we are, not sure how total the save is.

As far as subscribing etc ..... ignore that .... if you don't revisit that thread in a while, you'll be unsubscribed anyways.

Hope this helps a bit ... and that I haven't forgotten anything.

Doc
May 11, 2003, 02:01 PM
P95

Thanks, I thought there was a specific method to do so here at THR.

Doc

TheBluesMan
May 11, 2003, 11:48 PM
When I want to save a thread, I just go to the thread, click on the "File" menu and select "Save As..." I then choose to save the thread as an archive, which automatically includes all text, graphics and formatting. I save it to a file on my desktop.

You could also just bookmark the thread that you want, and keep the bookmark in a special file.

HTH! :)

-Dave

If you enjoyed reading about "how do i save thread" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!