One heckuva gun day

PDA

4v50 Gary
May 11, 2003, 01:11 PM
Yesterday I went to the range and fired 34 rounds (all I could grab at a moment's notice) of 45 and my Randall pistol (a LH no less). Shot one handed ala Camp Perry and at 10 yards, got 83% into the kill zone. A dismal 17% (6 misses) were right outside the kill zone. Goes to show what happens when you don't shoot handguns for a while (my last handgun trip was in Feb).

After the range, I went to Frank Tabor's (San Bruno, CA) where Frank did some work on a revolver for me right then & there. On the rifle rack was a Marlin 1892 22 lever action with octagon barrel. Always wanted a Marlin lever action and it was priced reasonably @ $450. I asked to see it and it turns out to be a consignment and the person who brought it in immediately offered it to me @ $300! $300???!!! I slapped $100 as down payment immediately. He then tells me it came with two old boxes of Remington Kleenbore and after the paperwork was completed, shows me a sheepskin lined leather case that comes with the rifle. Now I'm really happy. :)

And so concludes a good gun day. I wish you all a good gun day like mine.

If you enjoyed reading about "One heckuva gun day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cool45auto
May 11, 2003, 01:41 PM
All the gun shops in my area are closed today.:( But there's a big gun show next weekend in Gwinnett! If I find any good stuff I'll let you guys know.

BTW: Sounds like you did real good!

drod
May 11, 2003, 08:15 PM
I had a pretty good "gun day" Friday. Here's what I came home with:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p235df2d820d316c9a60fd0c78ab42989/fc2dd7b1.jpg

LiquidTension
May 12, 2003, 01:07 PM
Would that be the KGP-141? That's the one I was gonna buy before the money troubles began :(

cratz2
May 12, 2003, 01:21 PM
Sounds like you had a good one Gary.

I'd love to come across the right deal on a left handed Randall. Very cool.

4v50 Gary
May 12, 2003, 03:44 PM
The one I took to the range I picked up for about $795 plus postage. Just darn lucky that I found it. Some parts have been replaced by the previous owner. The guide rod, mainspring housing, grips are not factory but at that price, I can't complain.

If you enjoyed reading about "One heckuva gun day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!