IMI 5.56 Ammo!

PDA

Metapotent
September 12, 2006, 10:21 PM
I recently got a hold of 150 rounds of assorted IMI loads. I got about 100 rounds of 60gr FMJ, and about 50 rounds of 62gr "FMJ-BT". I was not in the original packaging so I am unable to specify what batch and year of production, though.

I have heard alot of good things about Israeli ammo Mil-surp and Law Enforcement ammo but have never been able to find it anywhere.

But I went to my local Milsurp store and was excited to see that they had all sorts of different assortments of foreign 5.56 ammo. So I bought the Israeli 150 rounds for $35! CHEAP!

I went to the range to test out the accuracy with my Bushmaster V-Match with a 24inch barrel and my DPMS M4 with a 16.5 inch barrel. Some of you may not believe me if I tell you the groups I achieved. But let testify that the Israeli ammo was more accurate than Black Hills match ammo that I tested it againstd.

I am going to keep the brass and try and reload to Israel specifications.

Does anyone know the recipes? Also does anyone know where I can find some un-pulled IMI projectiles in the 55-62gr range?

If you enjoyed reading about "IMI 5.56 Ammo!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Metapotent
September 12, 2006, 11:15 PM
Nobody? Nobody has any clue?

Sam Adams
September 13, 2006, 06:51 PM
I don't know any of the recipes.

BUT...

You can get lots of IMI stuff at Widener's. Here's the page with 5.56mm projectiles for sale:

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=278|281|304|326

If you enjoyed reading about "IMI 5.56 Ammo!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!