So-called gun industry "insider" on '60 Minutes'

PDA

CZ-75
May 11, 2003, 07:04 PM
Bleh!

Cheap shot time.

:barf: :barf: :barf:

If you enjoyed reading about "So-called gun industry "insider" on '60 Minutes'" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Razor
May 11, 2003, 07:12 PM
I'm sure it'll be a fair and balanced report. It is 60minutes, after all. :cuss: :barf:

Mastrogiacomo
May 11, 2003, 07:12 PM
At least I know now who's being the "one gun a month" law being proposed in Massachusetts...:fire:

CZ-75
May 11, 2003, 07:21 PM
They even said Ricker was forced from his job and they did no checking or support for his assertions.

It's all the gun industry's fault, rather than the BATF's, that so-called "problem" dealers are still in business.

:cuss: :barf: :cuss: :barf:

What's ironic, is the follow-up story is about jounalistic fabrication. ;)

Rembrandt
May 11, 2003, 09:50 PM
Ed Bradley should have asked the question.....are car manufacturers liable for accidents by bad drivers?....once again, cheesy journalism, just what we've learned to expect from CBS.

Wil Terry
May 12, 2003, 11:20 AM
He got bounced out of a cushy job and now it's payback time.
Ed Bradley always looks so serious, as if he had a clue what he was doing, and why.
I would not believe ANYTHING produced by the SEE-B-S news division on any subject by any " reporter" they can field.

BerettaNut92
May 12, 2003, 11:21 AM
"You will not only CBS...you will also be hearing lots of it...."

mete
May 12, 2003, 11:32 AM
For information get it from The New York Times, "all the news that's fit to print". People in the media keep telling us how they are factual and honest in their reporting !!

mini14jac
May 12, 2003, 12:04 PM
Here's a link to the 60 Minutes web page:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/05/09/60minutes/main553147.shtml

Baloney about how gun manufacturers should become a private police force. Grrrrr.......
Oh, and if you click on some of the links provided by the Brady Center, you'll find enough misinformation to keep you talking a while. :banghead:

twoblink
May 12, 2003, 10:02 PM
60 minutes..

I have to say, they have been 100% reliable, in how biased their reporting is.. :barf:

XLMiguel
May 13, 2003, 08:32 AM
I saw him, he's definitely proctologically challenged, and he just made no sense at all. :banghead: :fire:

RE: NY Times - their motto should be more like "All the news that fits, we print." they aren't the bastion of journalistic integrity they once were.:uhoh:

mattk
May 13, 2003, 11:00 AM
I missed most of the story because my dad and I took turns yelling out the TV. Stupid CBS.

blades67
May 13, 2003, 06:34 PM
60 Minutes is as trust worthy as Dateline. CBS just couldn't figure out where to put the model rocket motors on a gun to show how one could go off by itself.:rolleyes: :scrutiny:

spacemanspiff
May 13, 2003, 06:48 PM
Ricker says the ATF repeatedly offered to give gun makers the names of their dealers who were selling an unusually large number of guns used in crimes. But Ricker says the industry wasn't interested.
“It would greatly reduce gun crime if the companies, the manufacturers and distributors could take the information that ATF is willing to share with them and zero in on those problem areas,” says Ricker. “You would be able to weed out the bad apples.”
so, its up to the gun industry, and NOT the atf to enforce the laws regarding the sale of firearms?

If you enjoyed reading about "So-called gun industry "insider" on '60 Minutes'" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!