OPTICS QUESTIONS

PDA

Safety First
September 13, 2006, 04:16 PM
I have a Ruger new single six and I want a scope, that will work on that gun with out spending a bloody fortune, any suggestions?by the way that is a .22 lr and win mag

also, I want a ......223 calber weapon but I am right handed and my right eye for aiming purposes is history, any suggestions on what would work in 223 that I could still shoot right handed and aim with my left eye. I have ask that question before in another section but responses were limited. Any response at all would be appreciated...

If you enjoyed reading about "OPTICS QUESTIONS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
.41Dave
September 13, 2006, 06:33 PM
I don't scope pistols, so I can't help much with that, but as for aiming with your left eye, I would recommend that you learn to shoot left-handed. Both my daughters are right handed but left eye dominant, and could not shoot a rifle for beans until I started teaching them to shoot left handed. They felt awkward at first, but with practice the awkwardness went away, especially when they started getting bullseyes,. Now shooting a rifle left handed is second nature to them.

ocabj
September 13, 2006, 07:09 PM
Check out the Bushnell handgun scopes, specifically the 3200. I have the Bushnell 3200 2-6x32mm. It has a fixed 20" eye relief across all power adjustments. I use this scope on my TC G2 Contender 30-30 barrel (14") for pistol silhouette shooting. It handles the recoil and is extremely repeatable. If it weren't repeatable, it would be worthless to me since in silhouette, I have different scope elevation settings for each animal (chicken, pig, turkey, and ram).

Safety First
September 18, 2006, 09:25 PM
Thanks both for your responses

If you enjoyed reading about "OPTICS QUESTIONS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!