everything cool costs big bucks!

PDA

bender
September 13, 2006, 10:50 PM
I kind of embarrased myself the other day in a gun store, where they know I'm not a rich dude with lots of disposable income...

I had just read something about "acog" scopes or whatever they're called, and mentioned them... and the owner said "those are over $1000".

crimson trace grips... look like they cost about $99, but cost $299 retail.

Picked up a Shepherd Scopes brochure at the gun store today. Never heard of 'em before (don't know much about scopes). Didn't read the brochure till I got home. Wow, these things look pretty cool. Googled a bit... found out they retail something like $589. Probably more than I'm gonna spend on a bolt rifle.

Nightvision... let's see... thousands, right ?

If you enjoyed reading about "everything cool costs big bucks!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hexidismal
September 13, 2006, 11:09 PM
Yeah, guns and gun related accessories are one hell of an expensive hobby. Now I love my guns, but each and every one I own was a step or two down from what I really wanted.

PinnedAndRecessed
September 14, 2006, 12:05 PM
Yeah, well, wait till you start shopping for a wife. You ain't seen nothing yet.

The prettier she is, the more expensive she is.

And if you think it was expensive to buy her, wait till she leaves. She take everything but your parents.

BigG
September 14, 2006, 12:18 PM
Pinned and Recessed - you said it. Guns are positively cheap compared to women or a woman. :eek: What would be cool is to get one like Tamara who has got her own guns already. ;)

bender
September 15, 2006, 11:38 AM
I've got a wife, 2nd one. She's not expensive, but her 2 kids (in their 20s, from prior marriage) not working, and always hanging around... mooching.

She's thinks I'm strange for complaining about them... I tell her, the real world isn't like the Brady Bunch tv show...

I have a problem with grown kids not working. especially when I have an expensive hobby like guns...!

If you enjoyed reading about "everything cool costs big bucks!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!