Hey! We're back!

PDA

Mike Irwin
May 12, 2003, 10:57 AM
Cool! Very cool!

If you enjoyed reading about "Hey! We're back!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KMKeller
May 12, 2003, 10:58 AM
Yes indeedy! And with great response times as well!

Mastrogiacomo
May 12, 2003, 10:59 AM
And moving right along...so far...:uhoh:

Mastrogiacomo
May 12, 2003, 11:00 AM
And moving right along...so far...:uhoh:

Spoke too soon -- still having a few problems to work out: "Web site not responding."

Flashpoint
May 12, 2003, 11:13 AM
What exactly happened?:confused:

Mike Irwin
May 12, 2003, 11:14 AM
Beats me.

It was running pretty much fine for me all weekend, but yesterday evening around 8:30 it started getting slow, and by 10:30 or thereabouts it was gone.

Coronach
May 12, 2003, 11:39 AM
We're not sure. Our computer guru types are very much aware of the problem and are on it. Me? I'm a sacrifice-a-chicken-on-the-keyboard-and-maybe-it-will-work-again sort... not exactly one to ask. :p

Mike

Mike Irwin
May 12, 2003, 12:12 PM
Great. Coronach invents his own religiion...

Computeria...

Schuey2002
May 12, 2003, 12:41 PM
I'm still having problems loggin' on, posting, viewing threads and the like..

[It's getting better,though...] ;)

Brian Williams
May 12, 2003, 12:42 PM
I am more likely to spew a mouthful of milk and cookies on my keyboard than sacrifice a chicken......

BrokenPaw
May 12, 2003, 12:43 PM
Mike, it's not a new religion. It's been around for quite some time.

Do a search on the net for "Scary Devil Monastery", and you'll find the secret cabal that runs the Internet.

Besides, there are fundamental scientific reasons why computers require blood sacrifice to continue operating. Most of them can be summed up with the explanation, "Because they hate people, that's why."

-BP, a once and future Monk.

Preacherman
May 12, 2003, 01:27 PM
-BP, a once and future Monk.
Of the Felonious variety??? :evil: :neener:

sm
May 12, 2003, 02:30 PM
All along I thought it was just "pc gremlins".

My Dr. says to ward off "road gremlins" he hangs bells off his motorcycles...where to clip a bell to a laptop?

THR was down, I went out to shoot, tried some different factory ammo( Fiocchi), we changed recipes on the handloads, I smoked a different brand of smokes, and being out of tea, I drank root beer.

granted -no sacrifice...just not sure which of the changes/ or combo/ may all...came back and THR is running...

Derek--hang a bell on the server...can't hurt.

grampster
May 12, 2003, 02:49 PM
I usually just hit my "Oh Crap" key and things seem to always clear up.
:D :D

sm
May 12, 2003, 03:06 PM
grampster...what key is that...or is it a shortcut like ctrl+ OC ;)

braindead0
May 12, 2003, 03:07 PM
I did that years ago, hit the 'delete windows' key and went to linux...and all my problems cleared up ;-)

BrokenPaw
May 12, 2003, 04:39 PM
Preacherman: Of the Felonious variety??? I can neither confirm nor deny the presence nor the absence of truth or falsehood in that statement or any other. And it was in another country, and besides, all of the other people who were there have had bizarre-yet-plausibly-deniable accidents. :D

-BP

Standing Wolf
May 12, 2003, 06:19 PM
This site is one of my half-dozen favorite places on the internet. I missed it!

If you enjoyed reading about "Hey! We're back!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!