If you could which scope would you buy?

PDA

BsChoy
September 15, 2006, 10:16 PM
I have narrowed my 700 LTR (308) scope choices to these 2 scopes. They are about the same money give or take 80.00$. What would you do? Remember the LTR is a 20" barrel rifle and it is to be used for 300-500 yrd target and 25-200 yrd deer and the scope needs to be unobtrusive and "fit" the gun. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "If you could which scope would you buy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NailGun
September 17, 2006, 05:30 PM
Guess if I could only get one....:what: This would be MY choice. http://www.zeiss.com/c1256bcf0020be5f/Contents-Frame/ec215ec620626f1e852571d700377d7e. Compare it to a Leupold, side by side, image for image, dollar for dollar, and see for yourself which is a better buy. Good Luck on whatever YOU decide. NailGun

.41Dave
September 19, 2006, 06:29 PM
Of the 2 choices you offered, I'd take the Leupold VX III, primarily based on their customer service and reputation for ruggedness. However, when I decided to upgrade from a Leupold VX II, I was looking in roughly the same price range you are. I did a lot of research and looking through scopes and decided to go with the Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40. Zeiss offers a Leupold-like lifetime warranty, 4" of constant eye relief, a laser etched reticle, and resolution and low-light clarity that you can't beat unless you spend several hundred dollars more.

If you enjoyed reading about "If you could which scope would you buy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!