Chinese M37

PDA

Detachment Charlie
September 16, 2006, 10:42 PM
First, I am old enough to know that an 870, 590, a genuine Model `97 or 37are better guns than any knock-off Chinese piece. So relax. Also I know that there hasn't been a $250 870 police trade-in around these parts since Fess Parker wore a coonskin cap -- and you Yuppies thought he was only famous for wine!)
My battery has been light in the defense shotgun category for a few years. Since the Chinese of Shung-Do Machinery Factory #2 (or something close to it) was offering their clone of an Ithica M37 for only $149 through an online distributor, I bought one. How crappy could it be?
Well, here’s the result with rifled slug (2-1/4”, 1 oz.) at 50 yds., iron sights and 60 year-old eyes. My 60 year-old shoulder called a halt to this frivolity after the last one, using a little Kentucky windage to bring it down a tad closer to the mark.
For about $180 with shipping and FFL fee, it’ll do. Oh, that little one on the right is from my High Power at 25 yds -- same 60 year-old eyes, but the gun and ammo was a lot younger.

If you enjoyed reading about "Chinese M37" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SigfanUSAF
September 16, 2006, 10:45 PM
Interesting. I'd be curious to see how the 1887 93 and 97 Winchester replicas do as well. I know the 93s and 97s are pretty popular with the cowboy action shooters. Sounds like a great deal. Do they come with any warranty(yes I'm serious)?

Detachment Charlie
September 17, 2006, 04:20 PM
SigfanUSAF,
I think it has the same warranty that the Yugo used to have: If it breaks, "Yugo" get the parts.
There maybe some interchangeability with the Ithica M37, but I really don't know. Somebody here must, though.
With the group it shot this first trip to the range, if it breaks, I won'r cry too hard. Actually I'm rather impressed, and so is my shoulder.:D

hk lover
September 18, 2006, 12:16 AM
i just bought one 2 weeks ago and must say that for the money i am very surprised. was rather stiff at first but after about 100 rounds and a cleaning has been perfect.as for slugs try win. 1600fps foster type you might be surprised.mine prints about 4 in. high but makes one ragged hole. i like consistancy.also it is an exact clone of a 37 and the barrels and furniture all interchange without a problem,as will the internal trigger assembly.keep shooting it will get better with a little range time. i cant wait for the hog hunt..make sure you clean it well as mine was full of chink grease. good luck

If you enjoyed reading about "Chinese M37" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!