Straight Rifled Shotshell Barrels

PDA

mc223
September 17, 2006, 12:58 AM
A while back I heard from I can't remember where, that there was a rifled barrel for shotshells with no twist. It was supposed to stop any rotation of the wad and shot in the barrel and provide a more stable and consistant pattern.

If you enjoyed reading about "Straight Rifled Shotshell Barrels" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dave McCracken
September 17, 2006, 01:37 AM
Hastings makes those, called the Wadlock. I've heard mixed reports on how well they work.

Al Lujtic made some up a long time ago. The company does not offer them now.

kudu
September 17, 2006, 02:00 PM
Briley had them as an option on some of their sub-gauge inserts for skeet shooters. I don't know if they are still offered yet or not. Mixed reviews as Dave said.

oletymer
September 18, 2006, 01:17 PM
If they made any improvement you would see gun manufacturers offering something like that. You would also see them at trap, skeet and sporting clays events. I have only seen one. The guys score was pretty poor but it could be him.

Jack2427
September 18, 2006, 04:10 PM
Tactical shotguns are my collection pursuit. I have tried the "straight" rifled barrels. There is NO discernable difference in patterns. Like none. May in lngere barrels, but I doubt it. As mentioned above, if there was a distincy advantage the OEM would be offering it, even if they had to pay a royalty to someone.
Don't waste your money.

The Drew
September 18, 2006, 04:18 PM
technically you may be able to make a straight rifled barrel into a very small weapon... Something like the Serbu Although it may not pass atf muster...

If you enjoyed reading about "Straight Rifled Shotshell Barrels" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!