Suppressor advice for small handguns

PDA

tbarghest
September 17, 2006, 05:33 AM
I am hooked on the idea of putting a suppressor on a gun fit for concealed carry. For training purposes, to protect my hearing when it's working as a bedside gun or to slip a suppressor on if I seem caught in a bad situation. On a constant companion gun (probably a pt145 or Glock 30) a suppressor seems invaluable.

Unfortunately threaded barrels seem few and far between for small guns. If custom making is my only option, who would you reccommend?

Any thoughts on suppressing a small handgun would be appreciated.:)

Thanks,

T

If you enjoyed reading about "Suppressor advice for small handguns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
khepri
September 18, 2006, 11:36 AM
I doubt you'll find anything for the PT145.Threaded Glock barrels are out there...just gotta look. If you can find one, the AAC Scorpion was designed for just such a glock.It's only 3" long but it's a "wet" suppressor.Only going to stay quiet for a few rounds. (http://www.onlythebestfirearms.com/scorpion.html)Dry cans are going to be longer and some a little larger in diameter.
If you're not planning on useing it for defense, go with a 22.A Walther P-22 and a TAC52 ( Tactical Innovations Inc.)are about as low in price as you're going to get.Good gun & good can. I squirrel hunt with a AAC Phoenix.Watching them react to a miss is almost as much fun as nailing one.:)

tbarghest
September 20, 2006, 01:51 AM
Thank you. The point kind of is defense, plus range time for training. I don't need a can, but a pocket auto with a can is a dream of mine.:rolleyes: Though a p22 with a can does sound fun!:D

I'm beginning to believe a pt can would have to be custom made.

Is squirrel good eating?

thexrayboy
October 1, 2006, 01:30 AM
"Is squirrel good eating" he asks. Depends on how hungry you are. They don't call em tree rats for nothing.

:p

hso
October 1, 2006, 01:43 AM
slip a suppressor on if I seem caught in a bad situation.

As a rule "bad situations" happen upon you so quickly that the time you spend screwing a suppressor on would be better spent concentrating on what's going on around you and getting out of there. As such it's value in a street defense is nearly nill.

In the home it could have considerable advantages.

If you enjoyed reading about "Suppressor advice for small handguns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!