Now You've Done It

PDA

MikeJackmin
September 17, 2006, 07:49 PM
All that talk around here about cap-and-ball revolvers has finally forced me to order one. A cheap one, too, the sort that's just good enough to get me hooked, and make me spend even more money for a better one afterwards.

Thanks.

I'll post pics when I get it running...

If you enjoyed reading about "Now You've Done It" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
frosty
September 17, 2006, 10:44 PM
Welcome to the sickness!:evil:

timothy75
September 18, 2006, 08:52 AM
By any chance does anyone know what he ordered?

Plastic Cowboy
September 18, 2006, 01:15 PM
Just wait till you pull the trigger that first time and get the loud thunderous roar and thick cloud of smoke!!!!!! Then you will really be a junkie!!!:D

MikeJackmin
September 18, 2006, 01:17 PM
This one:

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=56398364

Traditions 1851-style in .44, with a brass frame. (I figure that if I shoot it enough to loosen the frame, I'm shooting enough that I'll replace it anyway. Besides, brass is purdy!)

I handled one just like it at the local Bass Pro - the cylinder lock-up was surprisingly tight, but the trigger was just awful. I'd have brought it home anyway if it weren't also missing a pin from the loading lever linkage.

3fgburner
September 18, 2006, 01:59 PM
My first cap-n-ball was a brass-frame, open-top Colt like that. Shorter barrel, but pretty much the same gun.

I got a Rogers and Spencer a few years later, and gave the Colt to my brother. I'd go with a Rogers or a Remington, myself.

If you enjoyed reading about "Now You've Done It" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!