(OH) These moms demand tougher gun control laws

PDA

Drizzt
May 12, 2003, 07:17 PM
These moms demand tougher gun control laws

05/12/03

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/cuyahoga/1052732226177811.xml

If you enjoyed reading about "(OH) These moms demand tougher gun control laws" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BowStreetRunner
May 12, 2003, 07:23 PM
"Any reasonable society would ban these," Helper said. "There is no sporting use for these, no legitimate use."

ok lady, you move to that reasonable society, and I'll keep my semiautomatics
and if the police aren't there to protect you when you get robbed because they have a gun and you dont, please dont call me
BSR

Standing Wolf
May 12, 2003, 07:27 PM
Gun control can not be legislated. It's acquired after many trips to the range and many thousands of rounds fired, ideally with serious coaching.

El Tejon
May 12, 2003, 07:59 PM
Yeah, that "assault weapon ban" really helped the unarmed sheople at Case Western.:rolleyes:

Why all the bleating over "semiautomatics"? It would have been better if he used a revolver, a machete, or a bucket of gasoline?

P95Carry
May 12, 2003, 08:51 PM
Classic and ''knee-jerk'' usual over emotional response .... with little or no thought for reason and logic.

I wonder what they might have said if someone had been immediately on hand who carried (unlikely of course), and was able to take out this idiot before he actually killed anyone ..... guess even then they'd be as demanding for controls.:( :banghead: :banghead:

CZ-75
May 13, 2003, 01:53 AM
I notice Ms. Helper was wounded in the shooting. Rather than favor CCW and effective weapons, she'd rather ban them.

I wonder why she just didn't call 911 and wait for the police to help her? It must be effective, because thats what the MMMers and Brady Bunch recommend. :rolleyes:

Pure knee-jerk.

Seawolf
May 13, 2003, 10:23 AM
Rosetta Craig, the chapter's vice president, said the semiautomatic guns used in the CWRU shootings could be carried in a concealed manner under the proposed new law.

Scare the sheeple.

Ebbtide
May 13, 2003, 11:41 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosetta Craig, the chapter's vice president, said the semiautomatic guns used in the CWRU shootings could be carried in a concealed manner under the proposed new law.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I carry my AK in an uncle mikes No. 1 IWB, how about you?

Actually, I have yet to hear what type of "semiautomatic" was used. Just to read the article you would think it must be an assult rifle. And what does Semiautomatics are similar to those used by the gunman, mean? Either it was a semi or its not. Perhaps it has a single action army revolver and was "similar" as it shoots bullets out the end.

I think I will hunt for a story about what was used:

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/5830348.htm

"a machine gun and a 9mm pistol"

-OR-

http://newstribune.com/stories/051003/wor_0510030916.asp

"A man wearing camouflage and carrying a high-powered rifle"

and so on.... Scare everyone!!!!!! :cuss:

ehenz

pytron
May 13, 2003, 12:20 PM
<sarcasm>Yes, ban evil semiautomatics. They have no use at all. That must be why the police aren't using them.</sarcasm>

-Pytron

DonP
May 13, 2003, 12:34 PM
The MMM's are struggling to stay relevant and not doing a terribly good job of it.

I'm willing to bet that they have a "press plan" in their PR kit that includes guidelines for responding to a shooting in your area.

Their responses are so formulaic that they must have a common Q&A plan for any type of shooting where they insert the appropriate gun phrase, as in; "We regret that we have yet to ban (semi-automatics, assault weapons, sniper rifles, small hand guns etc.) because these guns have no other purpose than to kill".

Notice that their "rally" drew up to a "half dozen MMM members". That is probably the total membership for two or three states lately.

If the media didn't want them to succeed they would have been long gone a couple of years ago. There will always be a handful of "true believers" out to save the world and fill other gaps in their lives with activism about something. These are the ones that will preach against "evil" inanimate objects, but for the most part America has already voted with our wallets, go away.

When are they going to get the message that the vast majority of us think they are dead a-- wrong.

Don P.

If you enjoyed reading about "(OH) These moms demand tougher gun control laws" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!