Screwdrivers

PDA

MikeJackmin
September 18, 2006, 01:32 PM
Brownells has a great idea - they sell screwdriver bits packaged in small sets, specific to a particular type of gun:

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=406&title=GUN+SPECIFIC+SCREWDRIVER+SETS

This is exactly what I want for my Pietta 1851, but of course they don't offer a set for that one...

How do you guys solve the problem? Do you just use your regular gunsmith screwdriver set, or does somebody the specific bits for these guns?

If you enjoyed reading about "Screwdrivers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sundance44s
September 18, 2006, 02:08 PM
My sugestion would be to buy a gunsmithing screwdriver that comes with the bit type ..so you can replace the bits when needed ..or add too the set .
and not that expencive ..bought my set at wally world but have seen it many places like Cabelas or Sportsmanwarehouse and i bought extra bits at my local hardware stores . The right size bit for the job is important if you want to keep these guns looking their best .

Smokin_Gun
September 18, 2006, 02:58 PM
What Sundance said... I have had a Chapman Gun screw driver set for years...handle, ratchet, tips.
But there is one particular size screwdriver that fits most everything on um. And a small one is also needed. Those Stanley sets(regular screw drivers) have both sizes in them. Either way not very expessive like Sundance said.

4v50 Gary
October 1, 2006, 12:08 AM
You can always file a screwdriver to fit. I did that to make one of my Chapman bits fit the S&W revolver exactly.

Tinker2
October 1, 2006, 02:16 PM
I just got a set like this.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0005333222444a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=Screwdrivers&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=Screwdrivers&noImage=0

If you enjoyed reading about "Screwdrivers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!