Just Braggin'

PDA

Vairochana
September 19, 2006, 06:07 AM
Gday all,
I am very happy today. I have finally taken delivery of my first smoke pole.
over the last few weeks I have been playing with a variety of frontloaders, from matchlocks to Enfields and a nice 74 Sharps (ok I know it is a cartridge gun), but now I have my own. I won't get to shoot it til the weekend but I will play with the flint and the priming until then.
For those who want to know I have a new Pedersoli .45 pennsylvania long rifle.
The tomahawk is a pipe i have had for years too

Thankyou for indulging me

Cheers

V

If you enjoyed reading about "Just Braggin'" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Steve499
September 19, 2006, 10:40 AM
I've heard a lot about all the firearms restrictions you guys have, Vairochana. I guess there exemptions for muzzle loaders? I'm happy you have yours. Flintlocks are so cool. I just wish I was a manly man and could hit something with one! I have a rifle (.32) which is convertible between flint and percussion. It has zero recoil and the report isn't objectionable. It shoots good with the percussion lock but demons possess it the minute I put the flinchlock on it. What do you suppose the problem could be?:D

Have fun, great looking equipment.

Steve

Tinker2
September 19, 2006, 12:14 PM
Vairochana

Congratulations, Iím sure you will love it. Keep us informed
as you shoot it. Enjoy. Looking good.

Steve499

I shoot FFg in my pan on my .32, it makes for quicker
ignition time.

Tinker2

Loyalist Dave
September 19, 2006, 03:05 PM
Goodonyamate!

Welcome to the club. IF you have any problems with her, let me know. In the past, I've owned several, and I've probably had every problem a flinter can have.

LD

ewb45acp
September 19, 2006, 06:59 PM
Be sure to post a range report after your outing. That's a real nice picture you took. It looks good as my new background screen (hope you don't mind).

Vairochana
September 19, 2006, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the comments guys,
Actually I am flattered that you would use my pic for your screen.

Also you would think that BP guns would be an exception as they are in many US states, here you need the same permit etc as a centrefire rifle:eek:

As to a range report- hopefully I will get out on Sat or Sun (or both:) ) and assuming I am not a total embarrrasment I will let you know how I went-might even tell you if I do badly, we all need a laff,

Cheers
V

Vairochana
September 23, 2006, 04:59 AM
Gday- had my first shoot flying solo using BP.
I have a shiny new Pedersoli .45 Pennsylvania Rifle.
I wasn't really after accuracy or groups today, I had ambitions of getting onto a bench but ran out of time.
I tried a "getting to know you" load of 30 grs and was just off the black at 25m, not too bad thinks I.
I increased loads upto 70gr and decided I feel pretty happy with a target load around the 50gr mark, 70gr is a nice solid feeling load though which I will play with a bit more in case I get a chance to go into the field with my new toy.
I realised it was time to go home when my last load was a powderless squib.
I know it would have been easy to clear it at the range and keep shooting but I took it a as sign of losing concentration and used it as an excuse to pull the lock off and give everything a thorough clean.
I tried a few different patches and lubes also, including a pattented majic lube which lubes, cleans and makes coffee.
All in all a good afternoon:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Just Braggin'" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!