Trigger Press on Sig 220 DAK

PDA

SWMAN
September 19, 2006, 01:31 PM
I've been thinking of getting a Sig DAK and my only frame of reference with trigger pull is with revolvers, 1911s, and the Sig 220 DA/SA. What kind of experience have you shooters had with a Sig 220 DAK? What is the trigger pull like in relation to a revolver, or the 220 DA/SA? Thanks.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Trigger Press on Sig 220 DAK" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WYO
September 19, 2006, 02:50 PM
I recently bought a 229R DAK. The trigger pull is 1 lb. lighter on the 226 and 229 models than on the 220 and 239 DAK models. (From what I read on the Sig Forum it is because of different engineering on single stacks and double stacks.) I have been using Beretta D model DAO's for 15 years, and also have exposure to revolvers, SA auto, SA/DA autos and Glocks. I love the DAK for a lot of reasons. It seems to split the difference between my DAO Beretta (which is akin to a smooth S&W DA revolver) and the Glock in terms of trigger travel and weight. It doesn't stack like the Para LDA. If you try to stage the trigger, it reaches a natural set point (doesn't click like an S&W) then only goes back a slight bit before releasing, unlike my Beretta which went quite a bit further back. I picked it up and within very few rounds had the hang of the trigger, and am more accurate with it than my Beretta. I shot 100% on my first qualification with it. My Beretta is retired to home defense.

You may want to go to Sig Forum and ask about the difference between the 220 DA/SA and the DAK.

DonGlock26
September 19, 2006, 03:51 PM
Imagine a light S&W revolver pull of 6-7 lbs.

SWMAN
September 20, 2006, 01:17 PM
I have a 92FS and SW revolvers so I can relate to the trigger pull. My local range doesn't have DAKs for rent, mostly Glocks or I'd go that route before buying. Thanks for the info.

WYO
September 20, 2006, 02:08 PM
Be aware that a D trigger on a Beretta is smoother and lighter, but not shorter, than an F trigger in DA because it uses a lighter mainspring and doesn't have the transition mechanism. I bought a D because the first shot was much better than the F. So, with the DAK being an improvement over the D, I'd say it's a vast improvement over the DA pull on the F.

2TransAms
September 20, 2006, 10:53 PM
I just got a 226 DAK,and it takes some getting used to. The trigger pull is light and smooth,but it seems a bit longer than a Smith revolver.Once I got used to the trigger I got some nice groups with it. At first I kept expecting a *bang* but the trigger kept on coming back:D

'Course I have a Beretta 92G and 4 1911's,so that's what I'm used to for semi-auto triggers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Trigger Press on Sig 220 DAK" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!