Bent over backwards for a Sig

PDA

JaxNovice
September 20, 2006, 07:17 AM
I am new to guns and was building a decent little collection of pistols when I held a Sig P228 yesterday morning. Traded in two decent pistols (I wont disclose them for fear of being mocked ;) )for it because I have never held or felt a firearms so sweet. What a difference there is between a Sig and anything I have ever been around. I guess the lesson I took out of the trading experience is that it is better to have 1 or 2 really nice guns then a larger collection of mediocre ones that you really dont appreciate.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bent over backwards for a Sig" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mad Magyar
September 20, 2006, 08:47 AM
Sig's are real good pistols and many on the forum would agree. Little puzzled by your title, are you saying you "took it in your shorts" because you might have traded too much for it? :confused:
Sorry, misread your title...Bent over forward would be the embarrassing position..I guess you meant maybe you traded too much...Lot of us have made similar choices, some that we have regretted....

Nail Shooter
September 20, 2006, 09:11 AM
The P228 is one of Sig's better models IMO. Mine has been stone cold reliable. Enjoy.

NS

Dr. Dickie
September 20, 2006, 09:13 AM
Sig make a great gun. I have had a P220 for over 20 years, it is still my by-the-bed gun.

cookekdjr
September 20, 2006, 09:34 AM
Dropped my Pants and bent over for a Sig

Dude, that's not where you put a SIG. It goes in your hand.
It is not a thermometer. :)
I think that's taking the term "hideout gun" to extreme measures.
-David

armoredman
September 20, 2006, 09:51 AM
Keistering an object of that size has GOT to hurt.

RTFM
September 20, 2006, 11:25 AM
Yup the title of this thread is VERY misleading, that being said.

it is better to have 1 or 2 really nice guns then a larger collection of mediocre ones that you really don't appreciate

Goes for any gun that works for the user.
Although I do agree with you about SIG's have and love my P229 in .40S&W dearly.

RTFM

possum
September 20, 2006, 01:35 PM
yeah when i saw the head line to your thread, i had horrible thoughts of a sig being.......:banghead: never mind!:)

anyway jaxnovice i agree with you, and a good choice in the sigs they are some pretty sweet weapons.

September 20, 2006, 02:23 PM
I recently got another Sig and am impressed as well. Sweet is an understatement.

JaxNovice
September 20, 2006, 03:43 PM
I went out and shot it today and fired 98 of 100 rounds within a 2 1/2" inch group from 21 feet and then had 10 for 10 from 45' within 3". I cannot believe what a difference this gun makes. Those numbers for me are incredible as I am a fairly mediocre shot.

Ala Dan
September 20, 2006, 03:56 PM
Take it frome me, you won't be disappointed with the trade as the SIG-SAUER
9m/m P228 is one of the finest handguns availbale anywhere in the world.
Perfectly balanced, finely crafted, and accurate as all get out. I was very
fortunate, and found a slightly used but not abused 1990 West German
model complete with box, doc's, papers, and test target. Its still in my
small collection of firearms today; and will be passed along to my soon
too be 30 year old daughter, then my 2 year old grand-daughter.

FWIW, it has an import mark of Herndon, Virginia not Exeter, NH
and has a very low serial number.

crunker
September 20, 2006, 03:58 PM
For practical purposes, Sig pistols are great.
Personally, though, I think they look ugly. Sig rifles are nice looking, but the pistols look kind of wimpy in my opinion.

But hey, if it floats your boat, then go for it. They are quite economical too.

Geno
September 20, 2006, 04:07 PM
"Butt", I'm not picking up any coins or bars of soap for anyone, not even for a Sig! Psych! :eek:

Excuse me? :confused:

What coin, no, it's not mine. :uhoh:

Pick it up for you? :scrutiny:

Hellooooooooooooo!!!! :what:

Nope, no gun's worth that torment. :evil:

Jokes off.

In all seriousness, if I were to purchase a Sig, there is only 1 that I would purchase: Equinox.

http://sigarms.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=8&productid=87

The specific reason I have not purchased one is that I truly do not like aluminum framed pistols. Yes, I know that by and large they are excellent quality, but steel is preferable for me. If they produce the Equinox in all stainless steel someday, I probably would consider it.

Doc2005

BamBam-31
September 21, 2006, 04:21 AM
I'm usually a big advocate of CLP, but in this instance...uh, Tetra lube? :what:

(You should have disclosed the two pistols. Being mocked for that would have been a lesser evil. :evil: )

What? Still here? Go to www.sigforum.com already, man! :D

s&w 24
September 21, 2006, 04:43 AM
I traded two tuarus 44 specials for a sig 226 and I'm not looking back. It's better for me to have a few great guns rather than more lower cost guns that way I'm less inclined to trade for this and that cause when your down to the guns you realy enjoy or use every day you hang on to them.

If it makes you feel any better the 228 is discontinued so at some point they will be harder to find.

jlh26oo
September 21, 2006, 05:29 AM
Hey, we've all been there. :uhoh:

Congrats on the 226. I also agree with less of more than more of less.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bent over backwards for a Sig" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!