What pistol brand uses the law enforment or the army?

PDA

crazydog
September 20, 2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks,

If you enjoyed reading about "What pistol brand uses the law enforment or the army?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Seven High
September 20, 2006, 01:06 PM
Huh???

bender
September 20, 2006, 01:09 PM
What brands of pistols do Law Enforcement or Army use ?

well, a possible translation... :confused:

das028
September 20, 2006, 01:12 PM
Do you mean what pistol brand does law enforcement/military use?

In that case:

Military uses a Beretta M9, some are issued sigs, and some SP are issued H&K

Law enforcement varies from department to department, but I would say the majority are issued Glocks and Sigs

possum
September 20, 2006, 01:39 PM
What pistol brand uses the law enforment or the army?Thanks

Are you drunk? :)

In the regular army we are issued berreta m9's, and some folks like MI and CID are issued sigs.
Law enforcement varies from department to department, but I would say the majority are issued Glocks and Sigs

+1 also some departments allow you to carry any weapon from a list of approved weapons. My sister in law is a deputy sherrif and she is issued a sig. but was originally issued a s&w auto loader what model exactly i am not sure. both in 9mm.

Mainsail
September 20, 2006, 01:57 PM
When in the Air Force I was used we Smith & Wesson model 15s. Later switched we to Berettas.

orangelo
September 20, 2006, 02:23 PM
In Soviet Russia pistol shoots you!

270Win
September 20, 2006, 04:08 PM
orangelo, hahahahah. That post made my day.

RNB65
September 20, 2006, 04:11 PM
All your base are belong to us!

Bazooka Joe71
September 20, 2006, 04:37 PM
That is so crazy! For the longest time i thought the military and law inforcement used the weapons...Now I know the weapons use the military/law enforcement!:what:

I guess you learn something new everyday!!!

OK, I'll go ahead and speak for the moderators:

We need to keep the posts on target and specific to the original question or the thread will get closed.:D

Ohen Cepel
September 20, 2006, 04:50 PM
Luke,
Use the force you will:evil:

exar
September 20, 2006, 05:26 PM
All your base are belong to us!

HAHAH....

Chipperman
September 20, 2006, 05:45 PM
Before you guys cut on this person too much, consider the possibility that English may be a second language.

JaxNovice
September 20, 2006, 05:52 PM
Cipperman-Voice of reason.

10-Ring
September 20, 2006, 09:57 PM
Funny you all :neener:

poortrader
September 20, 2006, 10:04 PM
A lot of LEO's issue Glocks even the FBI.

JohnKSa
September 20, 2006, 10:43 PM
crazydog,

I don't know the exact figures, but I think that even their competitors agree that Glock has over 50% of the law enforcement market in the U.S. (I think Glock is claiming 70%, but that seems too high to me). I haven't seen a breakdown for other brands, but I'm sure that most of the major pistol makers are well represented.

The Beretta M9 (92FS) is used by the vast majority of the military, but some of the more elite branches get to pick their own weapons. SIGs are common among these folks from what I understand although some do use the M9 by choice.

hatterasurf
September 21, 2006, 01:47 AM
That be a good thread. I think both use the death ray by Sig or is FN? I not sure.

KC&97TA
September 21, 2006, 01:58 AM
MSOB and Force Recon use the 1911-A1

LAPD SWAT uses Kimber TLE 1911's

possum
September 21, 2006, 09:10 AM
You know everytime i skim down the threads inhandguns:autoloaders, and i see

What pistol brand uses the law enforment or the army?

I laugh just a little! it makes my day!:D

crazydog
September 21, 2006, 01:37 PM
Like Cipperman said, english is my second language and I was tired when I type the post that night, I m glad that I made the day for some of you guys. Thanks to those that responded to what the thread was intended.

Cheers,
:)

foghornl
September 21, 2006, 02:02 PM
Most cities near me, and the County Sheriff's Dept use Glocks in 9mm & .40S&W. Mentor, Ohio PD uses a S&W 1911-style...not sure which model

Military varies by branch of service and specific unit.

Josh Aston
September 21, 2006, 02:45 PM
The U.S. Military doesn't vary nearly as much as people seem to think. The vast majority of us use the M9. A select few get to use the M11 (Sig 228). An even more select few get to use various other pistols to include the HK USP and Mark 23, Sig 226, S&W 686, and various 1911s.

The M11 was supposedly adopted by the Army for pilots and those who needed a more concealable pistol. However the only people I've ever seen with it have been the ones that needed a more concealable pistol (CID, OSI). I have yet to see a pilot with one.

And by vast majority, I mean out of those of us who actually carry a pistol, the overwhelming majority of the military doesn't get to carry a pistol.

If you enjoyed reading about "What pistol brand uses the law enforment or the army?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!