"Skinny Guy" Holsters?

PDA

bclark1
September 20, 2006, 06:30 PM
I've done a search and there's not really one definitive answer to this question. A comment in one thread, one in another, but I figured I'd pitch it at large.

I'm of a thinnish disposition. Not skin and bones, but there's not much in the way of excess real estate. I wear clothes that fit, certainly not skin-tight but I'm not going to start wearing baggy clothes to carry. No one has ever noticed when I have, but I still feel like I print sometimes, or would to someone who knows what they're looking for.

So my question is, what are good holsters that keep the gun very close, perhaps even pushing the grip into your side a little? I've got a couple decent belts, and a couple of IWB and belt holsters, but I have yet to find something that really angles it as I'd like. I'm willing to go to the premium brands, but I was hoping for feedback on holsters that would suit my specific needs before I go and spend a chunk of change on a holster.

So any suggestions? I'm preferential to IWB, all suggestions are helpful though.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about ""Skinny Guy" Holsters?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pax Jordana
September 20, 2006, 08:56 PM
Before, you bought clothes to fit a skinny guy. Now, I would humbly recommend you buy clothes to fit a skinny guy with a gun. It should add one size to your waist if your pants are tight already, maybe three if you're trying to pack a desert eagle. Never neglect the inherent coolness of the untucked button-down.

All that said (and thanks, I know it's exactly what you didn't want to hear,) try a belt slide. Mess with where it sits on your hip, how tight your belt is, and how high the pants ride. I was AMAZED, yes that's right AMAZED at how well my gun fit once I figured it out. And mine's an Uncle Mike's at that :neener:

bclark1
September 20, 2006, 10:13 PM
I do buy my pants wide enough to fit a single stack comfortably. USPC works too, although that's on the small side of double. It's more the shirts. I don't want to buy ridiculously baggy shirts, but the grip can print a little when I move much. So I was just looking for recommendations for a gun that angles it into your side, if there are any holsters that reinforce the throats or something to do that, possibly with a forward cant. If not I'll make it work, but I'm sure there has to be some solution that's a fair compromise, I don't see it as mutually exclusive.

K-Man
September 21, 2006, 07:56 AM
I make an IWB holster that incorporates two adjustable kydex clips. The clips allow you to set the cant and depth of the holster, which allows the greatest amount of comfort and access to your gun. The model is called our Cochise Defender and is pictured below. This particular one was done slightly different than our regular version, in that it accomodates a CAT laser for the Bersa and has an adjustable tension screw. Another unique feature about this holster is that you can place the clips onto the back side of the holster and use it as an OWB holster with the same ability for adjustment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Leathercrafter/CochiseDefender-Laser1a.jpg

The cost is $60 + $5/shipping.

lance22
September 21, 2006, 07:58 PM
Try:
BearClaw Holsters
http://www.bearclawholsters.com
Dan Hillsman
http://www.hillsmanholster.com

If you enjoyed reading about ""Skinny Guy" Holsters?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!