Winchester game loads

PDA

Oldnamvet
September 20, 2006, 07:33 PM
Last weekend I found myself out of shells and wanting to shoot skeet. So I stopped at Walmart to pick up a case. They didn't have what I usually used, remingtons, so I got some Winchester super speed Xtra game loads in 12 ga, 1 oz shot, velocity 1350. These seemed a little hot and a couple stovepiped in my Mossberg 930, something I have not seen when using remington. So I switched to my sxs and had extraction problems. Those shells stuck every time and the ejectors could'nt kick them out. Remingtons will typically fall out. I switched back to my 930 and things went ok. To my question, does anyone else have trouble with these? I am going to see what my pump does with them this weekend.

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester game loads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AnthonyRSS
September 20, 2006, 08:28 PM
I haven't heard of anybody NOT having trouble with those. I bought a case once. Yuck.

rallyhound
September 20, 2006, 08:34 PM
the only light load that won't cycle in my Beretta 1201FP

Oldnamvet
September 20, 2006, 09:04 PM
I even had some that would not chamber because the crimper had puckered and wrinkeled the hull. :cuss: Once I finish up these, I will have learned my lesson. I'll go back to the remingtons.

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester game loads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!