Poll: Top 3 Semi-Auto Pistol Calibers

PDA

StrikeFire83
September 21, 2006, 03:21 PM
Hereís the question. Iím NOT asking which is the ďbestĒ caliber, if there truly is such a thing. Rather, what are the 3 major players in the US market? Which 3 calibers are the most bought/stocked by ammo merchants? Iím not including rim-fire cartridges like the .22 long rifle because itís something different altogether.

And my choices...

- .45 ACP
- 9mm
-.40 S&W

The top two, .45 ACP and 9mm were the first obvious choices, but I struggled a bit with number 3. For me, it was a toss up between .380 and .40, but because of PDs and the proliferation of .40 in 9mm frames, anecdotally Iíve seen more .40 on store shelves.

Please, talk amongst yourselves.

If you enjoyed reading about "Poll: Top 3 Semi-Auto Pistol Calibers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hurrakane212
September 21, 2006, 03:26 PM
we can only vote for one, not three...
9mm I guess?

StrikeFire83
September 21, 2006, 03:26 PM
Oops, looks like I screwed up the poll. Needed to be multiple choices...anyone know how to edit a poll?

JDGray
September 21, 2006, 03:30 PM
Tried to vote for 3, but I just voted my fav.:D

StrikeFire83
September 21, 2006, 03:32 PM
EVERYBODY...please re-post in the new thread!!!!! Please click here: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=222877

MODS...please lock this thread!!!! It's a duplicate.

If you enjoyed reading about "Poll: Top 3 Semi-Auto Pistol Calibers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!