What's your opinion about the Beretta P4 Storm ?

PDA

crazydog
September 21, 2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks,

If you enjoyed reading about "What's your opinion about the Beretta P4 Storm ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chupacabra
September 21, 2006, 06:14 PM
I put a few rounds through one last month. Very nice firearm. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's not too big and the grip is great. So is the trigger. The only thing I didn't like about it was the slide mounted safety.

EdLaver
September 21, 2006, 06:37 PM
I shot a friends, it has a great grip, smooth trigger, and easy to follow through shots at 15 yards in 9mm. I got 2'' groups with it at the 15 yard range firing double taps. I'm ok with the slide mounted safety, I have a baby eagle and M9 with the same set up so I am used to it. I didnt like the ergonomic look of it though, so all in all I give it a 7 out of 10 IMO.

bg226
September 21, 2006, 06:57 PM
Px4 9mm.

Accuracy: In my hands it shoots better than a SIG P226 or HK P7M8. Not bad for a pistol less than half the price.

Ergonomics: Excellent. Changeable backstraps. Snag-free design.

Trigger: Out of the box, the DA/SA trigger is superb. The SA is especially nice.

Reliability: Perfect thus far.

The only negative about this pistol is the slide mounted safety/decocker. It gets in the way when racking the slide. The solution is to get "stealth" controls.

Navy87Guy
September 21, 2006, 08:42 PM
I think bg226 summed it up nicely -- I really like this gun. It became my new daily carry gun as soon as Comp-Tac came out with holster for it. Accurate, reliable, comfortable...everything I want.

I installed the stealth controls, but be warned...that automatically converts it to a decocker-only pistol (G-configuration in Beretta-speak). That's okay with me...I prefer that. I have some pictures of the stealth controls mounted on my PX4 on my website, here: http://users.adelphia.net/~navy87guy/berettapx4.html

Beretta has a winner on its hands with the PX4!

Jim

SAG0282
September 24, 2006, 12:34 AM
Had one briefly, VERY nice. VERY well-made gun, excellent grips and balance. I didn't like the slide-mounted controls nor the DA trigger however. Overall though an excellent gun, but I prefer SIGs.

hexidismal
September 24, 2006, 01:00 AM
Interesting ! I had never seen the "stealth" decocker and slide until Navy87Guy mentioned it. I was already considering buying one of these based on the feel, size, and weight alone, but knowledge of the existance of those controls actually brings it a few steps higher on my "want" list.

Shipwreck
September 24, 2006, 11:03 AM
I've fired a PX4 on 3 different occassions - just ok. It doesn't stand out against any other DA/SA, in my opinion. It works fine. But, so do so many other guns.

I prefer my P99.

If I was to buy another DA/SA, I'd look at the new Browning Pro9 and the FN clone of the same gun. Just my 2 cents...

If you enjoyed reading about "What's your opinion about the Beretta P4 Storm ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!