Pic Request

PDA

Snap
September 21, 2006, 08:57 PM
Alright, this may be a touch difficult, but does anyone out ther have both a Bersa Thunder .380 and a Star BM and could take a size comparison pic for me? Trying to decide which I should buy as something a bit smaller to carry, and from what I've seen, the Star isn't that much bigger than the Bersa, though I'm pretty sure the Star is heavier. Of course, I've never seen both at the same time in person. I guess I'm wondering if the Bersa will make up in size and "packability" what it loses in ammo cost and power. Many, many thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pic Request" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Steven1281
September 23, 2006, 11:19 AM
I don't have a Bersa to compare to, but do have a S&W 637 (.38 +P) Airweight. Since there hadn't been a response yet, I thought this might be better than nothing for you.

The Star BM is a good pistol, but has some limitations for carrying. First off, it's on the heavy side. Secondly, I am personally uncomfortable with cocked and locked, so the only alternative is hammer down on empty chamber.

Any questions about the Star BM, or want more pics of it just let me know. Glad to share.

Steven

hexidismal
September 23, 2006, 02:00 PM
Sorry, I dont have a Star BM , but here is a pic of a Bersa Thunder 380 next to 4 other comparible handguns. Hope it helps. Next to the bersa , thats a Ruger p345 , Beretta Neos 6", Taurus Pt99af, And S&W 66. Its not the best pic for comparison.. I know. Considering the directions of the guns and thier relation to each other are all willy nilly. I'd take a better one , but my new little bersa is already in the shop :o
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j110/hexidismal29/5handguns.jpg

Jack19
September 23, 2006, 04:34 PM
I just grabbed the link, not sure if the Bersa or Star are on therehttp://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf....good info though.

JaxNovice
September 23, 2006, 06:20 PM
Do you find the Bersa 380 to be fairly accurate?

hexidismal
September 23, 2006, 08:42 PM
Do you find the Bersa 380 to be fairly accurate?

heh .. well, I really wish I was able to tell you. I didn't actually even fire mine before I brought it back into the shop at Gander Mtn. where I bought it from. I had it for a few days in the box before I even took it out to load it. Once I did, I tried to cycle some rounds through.. first round chambered .. pulled back the slide to cycle it out.. and hmm, it didnt extract the round fully, and jammed the gun .. hmm. So, I unloaded the mag, tried again with only a single round in the mag, chambered fine, but then still came only about half way out. Tried it a few more times .. it did extract occasionally , but more often did not. So , I brought it back to Gander Mtn. , and it's still in the hands of their gunsmith ( that is if he hasn't decided to send it in to eagle ), and I'm waiting on a call. *sigh*

I'm HOPING that it might have just been packed so full of cosmoline that it was gooing it up, and all he'll have to do is a serious cleaning .. but , we'll just see.

Snap
September 24, 2006, 12:27 AM
Many thanks, Hex, that's definitely better than nothing, and gives me a better idea than I had. I dunno, I'll keep looking, with winter coming it'll be easy to hide the Beretta again.

Big Gay Al
September 24, 2006, 01:52 AM
I have a Bersa Thunder .380. It shoots well. Being the barrel is fixed (blowback action), it's pretty accurate. I like it. Unfortunately, I'm probably going to be selling it. :(

hexidismal
September 27, 2006, 05:11 PM
Hey snap, I got my bersa back fit as a fiddle so I tried to take one more pic for you. Like I said, no Star BM here, but I laid the bersa on the taurus pt99 because I figured thats probably the most common and recognisable platform of the handguns Ive got, and also because you said "the beretta", which I thought might be a 92 seeing as you said it wasnt very small.

Snap
September 28, 2006, 12:33 AM
Many thanks, Hex. Still trying to decide on a smaller gun for carry, but I'll figure something out.

joneb
September 28, 2006, 01:05 AM
Hi Snap, I would recomend looking into the CZ 83 .380 acp or 82 in 9x18 or a real 9x18 Makarov.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pic Request" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!