1911 .45 Compensator Barrel Bushing - Are these any good?

PDA

Rockrivr1
September 22, 2006, 02:13 PM
I was going through a catalog of gun accessories and ran across this 1911 .45Compensator Barrel Bushing. I shoot USPSA and was thinking that if it worked, it may help my follow up shots.

Anyone ever use one of these? Do they work or are they just a waste of cash?

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 .45 Compensator Barrel Bushing - Are these any good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Devonai
September 22, 2006, 03:11 PM
I have been thinking about those since CDNN is offering them. It looks like it might be a fun and inexpensive drop-in accessory, if they are truly drop-in.

eastwood44mag
September 22, 2006, 03:26 PM
I'm hoping for a review as well. The one person I talked to said they were a waste of money.

For the cost of one vs. the cost of a ported barrel, I think I'd take my chances.

lycanthrope
September 22, 2006, 09:21 PM
Not very effective. As soon as the slide starts to cycle you lose the gasses running the ports. The .45 is low pressure anyhow and doesn't power ports or a comp like 10mm or .38 Super.

doncameron
September 22, 2006, 09:42 PM
save your money!
bought one at the last gun show here in Greenville, S.C.
not much difference.
just makes the pistol longer on the draw

10-Ring
September 22, 2006, 11:51 PM
Doubt you'll be able to generate enough pressure to even notice a difference...save you $$ ;)

AndyC
September 23, 2006, 04:57 PM
Waste of money - if it's the same type with which I played years ago, there's no expansion-chamber (for want of a better word) that the bullet will temporarily seal in order to force the gases upwards through the vents.

Even if it did have the baffle/expansion-chamber, as stated in the previous posts, the 45ACP still doesn't have enough pressure to make it very efficient at reducing muzzle-flip.

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 .45 Compensator Barrel Bushing - Are these any good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!