Review

PDA

1911Tuner
September 23, 2006, 11:38 AM
A review for the Nighthawk that wasn't done by a Gun mag writer...for any who are interested.

http://ezine.m1911.org

If you enjoyed reading about "Review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mad Magyar
September 23, 2006, 11:54 AM
Tuner, real nice write up....I hope it was the photos, but the finish certainly didn't look like it was holding up at all...Not sure I agree with his logic about the red dot safety "having to go...". Thanks for the heads-up...Isn't the location where Bill Wilson resides?

MachIVshooter
September 23, 2006, 06:38 PM
Nighthawk Customís Vickers Tactical shows consistency throughout. From the attention to the detail of itís building, right out onto the target. There were no malfunctions during any of the testing and evaluation phases, and the extreme accuracy of this weapon is more than anyone could ask for in a combat fighting handgun.

Everything on this gun worked right out of the box (or, I guess more accurate would be to say Ö right out of the range bag). It did all things auto pistols are supposed to do but..........

For the price tag on these things, they ought to cook and clean as well. My only personal experience with Nighthawk was a 3 incher that couldn't run three magazines without a jam. The owner had already run several boxes through it and cleaned it a couple of times. The ammo was UMC 230 gr. ball. Magazines were the stock units. I understand that 3" 1911's have always had issues, and sometimes a mag just doesn't work right. But again, we're not talking about a Springer GI 3". If I had paid $2,800 like this guy did for that pistol, I'd have been beyond mad.

I apologize if I offend anyone here, but I believe the Nighthawks are grossly over priced and overrrated. I'll not go into my finances or how much I have wrapped up in firearms, but suffice to say if I desired a Nighhawk, I could pick one up at any time. If I thought they were worth the rediculous price tag, I'd would have.

If you enjoyed reading about "Review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!