chance to buy

PDA

ralpho1
September 23, 2006, 12:12 PM
A friend has a AMT hardballer that is all factory. It seems to be in 95% condition. just want it for a range gun. He is asking $325. Is it worth it?

If you enjoyed reading about "chance to buy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hexidismal
September 23, 2006, 01:37 PM
Absolutely. If the gun is in true 95%, that's a steal. I'm assuming its not a long slide model , which would be worth a good deal more. In standard 5 inch though , at 95% the gun would be worth apprx. $450 give or take a little.

ralpho1
September 23, 2006, 01:57 PM
Thanx. It is not a longslide and the estimated condition is mine. It seems to be fairly tight, slide to barrel etc. and has no dings.

Steve C
September 23, 2006, 02:52 PM
I once owned an AMT Hardballer maybe 20 years ago. The springs in the gun where soft and after a relatively short period of shooting it failed. Had a gunsmith replace all the springs with Colt springs and it worked well after that but I always had a bad feeling about it after that.

Had a guy offer to trade a 4" nickel Python for it, even swap. Had to think about that one for about 1/2 a second. Still have the Python.:)

hexidismal
September 23, 2006, 03:39 PM
Yea, as far as the actual quality of the gun goes, I have no idea whatsoever. I've never even held one. I was just talkin' straight up book value.

If you enjoyed reading about "chance to buy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!