I'd like an opinion from the experienced

PDA

critter
September 23, 2006, 12:58 PM
Looked at a North American Arms .32 auto today. It's one of the itty bitty stainless hideout guns.

Now, I know about the power level of the lil .32, but I'd like an opinion on the quality and reliability of these cute little guns.

TIA.

If you enjoyed reading about "I'd like an opinion from the experienced" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MachIVshooter
September 23, 2006, 01:17 PM
The NAA and Seecamp .32's are very well made little pistols. They are, however, rather heavy for such a small gun and have (IMO) absolutely miserable triggers. That problem is further compounded by the fact that a normal sized hand can only fit about 1.5 fingers on the grip. But if you can deal with that, they are a good choice for deep cover CCW.

Ben Shepherd
September 23, 2006, 01:30 PM
Make sure ammo is availble in your area!!

Michigunner
September 23, 2006, 04:36 PM
Hi Critter,

I'm probably just like you, and have owned quite a few handguns.

I finally concluded that the S&W 642 .38 Special +P fit very nicely in my front pocket and would always do the job. Using Gold Dot 135 gr. +P Short Barrel ammo, the muzzle energy seems to be about 222 ft/lbs.

You really don't know it is there!

Also, please note that Kel-Tec may soon be delivering their new PF9 9mm small auto.

Bill

Michigunner
September 23, 2006, 06:16 PM
Critter,

I also apologize for drifting the thread just a little. :)

Bill

usp9
September 23, 2006, 09:17 PM
I'd like an opinion from the experienced

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looked at a North American Arms .32 auto today. It's one of the itty bitty stainless hideout guns.

Now, I know about the power level of the lil .32, but I'd like an opinion on the quality and reliability of these cute little guns.

In my opinion the NAA is a good mousegun. Quality materials, tight tolerances, reliable and good service. However I believe the Seecamp is superior in several areas;

1) Weight. The Seecamp at 10.5 ounces is quite light, lighter than the Guardian.

2) Heel mag release on the Seecamp less likely to pop out the magazine while in a pocket.

3) Smooth, melted and slick Seecamp has nothing to snag.

4) Price, they are about the same

5) Size, the Seecamp is very slightly smaller.

Again, nothing against the NAA, it is a fine gun, well made and reliable, I simply prefer the Seecamp for the above reasons. I've carried weapons for many years and prefer a small pocket gun these days. Owned many, shot many, fondled many more. Always come back to the LWS32.

1 old 0311
September 23, 2006, 09:30 PM
I own three Guardians, two in .32. Unlike the Seecamp they will shoot ANY ammo. They are a little cheaper. Their Custom Shop offers a ton of options. They are a little thinner. They offer a lifetime warranty for ANY owner. The mag release is where God, and 99.9% of the rest of the world, feels is the best location.
I owned one Seecamp. This was during the "We will sell them but not repair them era." Sold it and am more than happy with my choice.

If you enjoyed reading about "I'd like an opinion from the experienced" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!