Vintage Belgian Hi Power

PDA

absolute0
September 23, 2006, 05:55 PM
This morning I scooped up a minty '75 Hi Power that came complete with the factory original soft black Browning pistol rug. I'm tickled to have found this piece at a decent price and even more so to have gotten it with the pistol rug, manual and spare factory 13 round mag.

Can anyone tell me when Browning stopped providing the pistol rug as an accessory and how "collectable" this set might be?

If you enjoyed reading about "Vintage Belgian Hi Power" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
browningguy
September 23, 2006, 07:06 PM
Even though post - T models these are good pistols, more collectible than a MKIII current production. Sorry but I don't know when they stopped shipping with a soft case.

Marshall
September 23, 2006, 07:11 PM
Is it a 75C, a 245RV or a 2W5RV?

absolute0
September 23, 2006, 07:26 PM
Marshall - it's a 75C serial number.

It looks like the whole package sat in somoene's sock drawer most of the time, very little use and and almost new condition.

I'm primarily just happy to have found one at an affordible price to go along with my '89 Mk III :)

Cliff47
September 23, 2006, 10:42 PM
You lucky devil. The 'C' models are very close to the 'T' series pistols recognized as the epitome of the Hi-Power development.

Marshall
September 24, 2006, 12:13 AM
You got a very nice gun! I'm a Hi Power lover, now a jealous one. :)

I can't answer your question about the rug, I just don't know.

absolute0
September 24, 2006, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the information fellas.

Sometimes the Lord is kind :)

Billy_H
September 24, 2006, 11:41 AM
Nice pistol.

My dad has a 69C that he bought new and carried when he was a LEO. It's always a pleasure to fire and we still carry to the range in the Browning pistol rug.

If you enjoyed reading about "Vintage Belgian Hi Power" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!