Browning BDM questions

PDA

jdmb03
September 23, 2006, 07:35 PM
Picked up a new to me BDM today from my local dealer. It came with the box, papers and 2-15 round mags for under $400. The grip feels awesome. It's like a SIG P225 but with a double stack. I ran 200 rounds of Win. white box through it today. I only had one FTE. It's super accurate. It will be my new carry gun. :)

Does anyone make night sights for the BDM? Also would anyone know a manufaucture date? Serial number 945NW0xxxx

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning BDM questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cghammo
September 23, 2006, 11:14 PM
NW =1994
Z = 1
Y = 2
X = 3
W= 4
V = 5
T = 6
R = 7
P = 8
N= 9
M= 0
I'm not aware of any after market items for the BDM.

vmr357
September 23, 2006, 11:25 PM
jdmb03,

I've had a BDM for several years. It's a great gun. It's the thinnest full sized gun I've ever seen. You got it for a good price if it was is good shape. The only downside to it is that is an odd gun and finding accessories can be hard. The high capacity magazines were quite scarce and pricey. They came down in price after the Clinton law expired, but they are still scarce. I picked some up from CDNN. I got a very nice holster from Andy Arratoonian at Horseshoe leather. As for your sights, I looked at Ashley Express who made a big dot sight with tritium on the front blade. I have the express sight on my Guardian, but couldn't decide about putting them on the Browning.
Ashley is now called XS Sight Systems and only lists the HP sights. Good luck and let us know if you find something you like.

Vern

jdmb03
September 24, 2006, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the info. I bought a Desantis Tuck-this holster that was made for a Hi-Power. I noticed that Meprolight lists sights on the web. I'm also considering the XS sights. I found two new factory mags for $30 each. I did see some LEO marked mags going for $25 each.

I carried it all day yesterday without any problems. It carries like a Commander. I can still wear my Large size shirts. When I carried my Glock 19 I had to wear XL shirts. The BDM is heavier but because of the size it conceals better.

For being a 12 year old gun I would say I did good. It's in perfect condition. Looks like maybe only one mag was put through it. I'm very happy with it and would recommend it to someone will small hand that wants a double stack.

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning BDM questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!