Does Dixie EVER ship the stainless Uberti target model?

PDA

Plink
September 23, 2006, 08:37 PM
Howdy folks,

Dixie lists a stainless adjustable sight 1858 model made by Uberti. The price is a very good $250. The only problem is that it's ALWAYS back ordered. I've been trying to get one for a long time. Others I've talked to have said they never managed to get one either. Does anyone know the story on this? Do they ever ship them? I only saw a single review of the gun on Dixie's site. I'd figure that if they shipped very many, a lot of reviews would be up.

If you enjoyed reading about "Does Dixie EVER ship the stainless Uberti target model?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wdlsguy
September 23, 2006, 09:05 PM
Is this (http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=571139) the one you're looking for? Looks like Midway wants a wee bit more than $250 for it though.

Plink
September 24, 2006, 03:00 AM
Yessir, that's the one. I haven't found it for less than about $340 anywhere I've looked, which makes Dixie's $250 price all the more attractive, if they ever actually have any. Maybe the ones Dixie gets are factory seconds or something? If so, they don't mention that vital fact.

Manyirons
September 24, 2006, 07:43 AM
Yup!

Buyed four of em las year, all four went back.

edggy
September 24, 2006, 12:24 PM
Plink) Maybe I was Lucky for once. But mine was Brand New and works great.
I even bought the Conversion Cylinder for it. But at that price I guess you
take chance. But you can pay more and still get a lemon. but you can always
send it back for a refund. At that price this Revolver is going to be tough to
get. Good Luck.

edggy
September 24, 2006, 12:56 PM
Manyirons) Just curious how can a buyer spot a Factory Second. Is there
a stamp on the box or a notice inside the box advising the consumer that the
revolver has been service.It would seem to me it would be unlawful not to warn the consumer of the above. Thank You

drdirk
September 24, 2006, 01:55 PM
I also have had one on order for MONTHS!!! Even called them if this will every ship. The woman was non-commital and said something like "we never know when we get them". My gut feeling is that given the great price they just don't want to sell it at all and it may be "on backorder" pretty much for ever. In the meantime I keep shooting my Rugers!

Manyirons
September 24, 2006, 04:21 PM
Aint no law ya need its called being wise to yer buyin. Inspect er an ifin it aint right, send er back.

Plink
September 24, 2006, 09:20 PM
Dirk, that's exactly the answer I got. She also said when they get them, they just ship backorders without notice.

I don't know whether to just keep waiting, or to begrudgingly spend more money elsewhere. I'm buying this specifically to ship to Big Iron for accuracy tuning, and money is short, so I'm trying to cut corners where I can.

drdirk
September 27, 2006, 09:56 AM
Plink: I am waiting and leave my order in the system. At this price I doubt I can find another one. I am in no hurry but would like it by the time I retire ;)

Hope that maybe by Christmas they will have them.

Zeke Menuar
September 27, 2006, 12:14 PM
My price at Midway with C&R discount is $329

Cabelas has a similar gun.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?id=0035950&navCount=1&parentId=cat20817&masterpathid=&navAction=push&cmCat=MainCatcat602007-cat20817&parentType=index&indexId=cat20817&rid=

ZM

Plink
September 29, 2006, 06:21 PM
Zeke, I've looked at that one from Cabela's, but I think it's a Pietta. I guess I'll email them and ask. If it's an Uberti, I will probably just go ahead and get it. Doesn't look like Dixie is going to come through anytime this century.

Plink
September 29, 2006, 06:22 PM
Dirk, do they cancel backorders after 30 days like some places? Just wanting to know in case I decide to stick it out. I know I had a pistol powder measure on backorder with them and they never shipped it, even though it was in stock again a couple months later. I figured my order had gotten cancelled.

drdirk
October 6, 2006, 09:19 PM
Plink: My order still shows up on the website so I assume it is good.

If you enjoyed reading about "Does Dixie EVER ship the stainless Uberti target model?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!