Peep sight or dot for 700 adl

PDA

Master Blaster
May 13, 2003, 01:36 PM
I was thinking of putting a peep sight or a dot on a 700 adl I just bought instead of a scope. It has rifle sights which are ok to 100 yards, Iam also considering using williams fire sights.

I would prefer to use existing holes in the receiver for the peeps.

Has anyone else done this, and what were your results?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Peep sight or dot for 700 adl" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DJJ
May 13, 2003, 02:02 PM
I put a full set of Ashley peeps on a 700 BDL (front ramp & blade, rear peep). It worked pretty well, but the rear aperture is a little too big for real precise shooting. They do make a threaded one that takes Williams inserts, though. Front and rear both go into the existing holes. If you do it, save the filler screws from the receiver for the holes left from the barrel-mounted rear sight.

I took them off only because I already had a bolt action (a Savage .308) with peeps (also Ashleys), but not one with a scope. Now the BDL has a scope and a front sight, but no rear sight. :o

Master Blaster
May 13, 2003, 04:37 PM
Thanks, I ordered a Williams reciever sight that mounts to the scope mount holes its called the WGRS 700, I thought that the ashley was too large an apperature as well.

I can change the apperature on the williams, and it appears to have better adjustments with reference marks, and uses the existing front sight which seems pretty good.

The williams was $31 from Midway.

If you enjoyed reading about "Peep sight or dot for 700 adl" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!