FN Model 1922 Dual Waffenamts

PDA

vstol
September 24, 2006, 10:16 PM
I recently purchased an old Belgian FN Model 1922 pistol. It is 7.65mm and has two Waffenamts on the slide and two on the frame of the pistol. My question is why two Waffenamts? Could it be the gun was repaired and reissued? I haven't seen a pistol with two Waffenamts on it before. All of the Waffenamts are WaA140. And one Waffenamt on the slide and one on the frame is accompanied by an eagle holding a swastika. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "FN Model 1922 Dual Waffenamts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Onmilo
September 25, 2006, 09:54 AM
I am far and away no expert on German issued weapons but I do own a Model 1922.
My guess is the gun was stamped, the inspector got distracted and stamped the gun a second time.
I don't believe the Germans sent these guns back for repair, they ditched them and got something else.

If you enjoyed reading about "FN Model 1922 Dual Waffenamts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!