Decided on Springfield XD in 45acp

PDA

ArkansasFatboy
September 24, 2006, 11:52 PM
Guys after much looking talking and reading I finally decided on the springfield xd in .45acp I am getting the tactical model in the earth tone color.This will be my carry gun when I get my concealed permit. My dad choose a springer 1911 gi I shot it this weekend and liked it if the xd shoots at least that good(and from the reviews I have read it should) I will be tickled pink. This will be my first defensive handgun purchase and I suspect it won't be my last my local gun dealer has the best layaway pay as much as you want down and take as long as needed to pay off the balance.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Decided on Springfield XD in 45acp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
grizz
September 25, 2006, 12:02 AM
Nice pick, fatboy. I've got the XD-40 tactical in OD green. I saw the tan/earthtone .45 the other day and had to ask the salesman for something to wipe my drool off the counter.

nitesite
September 25, 2006, 12:29 AM
Congrats! Good choice.

Be sure to also set aside enough money to get a good (and I do mean GOOD) carry holster. And take a registered class so you have a record of having taken formal training.

I own an SD-45 4" Service Pistol and I can tell you (and so can AlaDan) that the XD-45 is one excellent sidearm!

GunNut
September 25, 2006, 12:30 AM
I'm sure you will be happy with your choice.

That's going to be a BIG carry gun. But as long as you are committed to buying a quality belt/holster and dressing around your gun, you should have no problems.

Steve

Ala Dan
September 25, 2006, 12:36 AM
as both of you chose excellent weaponary for a personal defense firearm.
I own 2x Springer WW-II G.I.'s, a MIL SPEC, and the .45 ACP 4" service
model XD myself. They are great guns, that have performed flawlessly.
Enjoy~!:cool: :D

Rokman
September 26, 2006, 10:29 PM
Good job Arkansas Fatboy. It seems like most XD owners enjoy them so much they have to have more. I see an XD subcompact in your near future after the CHL. :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Decided on Springfield XD in 45acp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!