New STI Spartans

PDA

Correia
September 25, 2006, 02:11 PM
Okay, here is the scoop on the new Spartans. I've received a bunch of PMs asking for specifics.

The slides and frames are from Armscor.

All other parts are STI standard parts.

They will be assembled in Texas.

The finish is a matte Parkerizing.

Retail is going to be somewhere in the low $600 range.

Yes, I can get them on the group buy. PM me for the group buy price.

If you enjoyed reading about "New STI Spartans" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
longhorngunman
September 26, 2006, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the update! If you get some pics of them please post them here.

Correia
September 27, 2006, 11:46 AM
No pictures as of yet. I imagine it will look something like a parkerized Trojan.

ugaarguy
September 28, 2006, 01:57 PM
I went over forums.m1911.org and got Ivan Walcott's e-mail adress. Ivan is the US rep for Armscor/RIA, and actively posts on the m1911 forum. After a few e-mails back and forth he told me that the Spartans will have Armscor/RIA cast frames and forged slides, some Armscor/RIA and some STI Internals. This was my first time dealing with Ivan, but I had read many positive comments about him previously. I can now personally tell you that he was very prompt and curteous in his responses. He's a great guy to deal with.

Whirlwind06
September 28, 2006, 02:49 PM
Does that mean that new RIA 1911's will have forged slides also?
In the past I'm pretty sure they used cast slides.

longhorngunman
September 29, 2006, 12:18 AM
Hmm, forged slide and cast frame, just like the STI Trojan. If the fit and finish is good, these should be some excellent 1911's for the money.

ugaarguy
September 29, 2006, 12:54 PM
Whirlwind, in our correspondence Ivan did say that all newer Armscor/RIA slides forged, to include the "GI" model. I did not ask for a specific time frame on when "newer" guns started to ship.

If you enjoyed reading about "New STI Spartans" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!