Hi I'm New Here

PDA

Jokerman
May 13, 2003, 05:31 PM
Oh my god, this place looks great! I just stumbled on it. I needed a place like this so bad. So who else likes this place? Who are the knowledgeable ones around here, besides yourself?

If you enjoyed reading about "Hi I'm New Here" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Slabside
May 13, 2003, 05:34 PM
Welcome. There are lots of great folks here. Many of us are transplants from thefiringline.com. Enjoy.

Jokerman
May 13, 2003, 05:36 PM
I don't even know about thefiringline.com. Why transplants? Something wrong with that place now?

Croyance
May 13, 2003, 05:39 PM
Transplants because The Firing Line closed down. This was started at the end. thefiringline.com remains a great place to do searches though.
Glad you found your way here, though.

12GA
May 13, 2003, 05:40 PM
Welcome to THR. The Firing line is still in existence - just dormant. You should check it out sometime to get a flavor for how THR came into existence. You're gonna' love this place. I know I do. :D

Jokerman
May 13, 2003, 05:44 PM
I'm not going to be able to leave my house for a year reading all the back threads in here.:p

12GA
May 13, 2003, 05:46 PM
I'm not going to be able to leave my house for a year reading all the back threads in here.

Yep, and just wait until you start fiddlin' with the Search function. Say goodbye to any free time you have! :D

Jim March
May 13, 2003, 05:47 PM
TFL is still "up" in the sense that the site can be accessed, but it's closed to all new posts (except the private mail system still works!). It's still used as a reference library.

If you're into revolvers, over on that forum (on this board), the first post is a link to a thread that started on TFL and was continued over here during the week or two that both were still up and we were transitioning here.

TFL's address is www.thefiringline.com - it will look "empty" until you reset the "how far back to look" counter, top right corner I think.

P95Carry
May 13, 2003, 05:52 PM
Welcome to THR Jokerman ....... :) If you can't get answers to your questions here, then you won't get em anyplace else!!

Penman
May 13, 2003, 05:59 PM
Welcome, Jokerman!
As you noticed, lots of great information and good people here. Thanks for joining us.

blades67
May 13, 2003, 06:01 PM
Welcome!

New guy buys the beer!:D

RTFM
May 13, 2003, 06:05 PM
Hey Yah I had to buy, Woo Hoo!
Welcome..

Seminole
May 13, 2003, 06:06 PM
Welcome, Jokerman!

There are indeed many knowledgeable folks here, but it is the attitude of the folks--the atmosphere--that makes it a special place, as was TheFiringLine before it. Hang around and have some fun.

cool45auto
May 13, 2003, 06:23 PM
Welcome to THR!:D

kalibear45
May 13, 2003, 06:27 PM
Welcome to the forum!

I have an IQ of .223 so ask me anything :D

cslinger
May 13, 2003, 06:28 PM
Hidey Ho New Neighbor.

El Tejon
May 13, 2003, 06:35 PM
Hi, Joker. Welcome to THR!:)

winstonsmith
May 13, 2003, 06:54 PM
Welcome to THR! I think I was the last person before you to join...

Why dont you tell us a little about yourself?

TechBrute
May 13, 2003, 06:55 PM
Who are the knowledgeable ones around here, besides yourself? As you'll find, everyone knows everything.:D

Browns Fan
May 13, 2003, 06:56 PM
Buy the beer? When I was the new guy, I had to buy the ammo. Anyway, welcome dude! :cool:

Seriously, though, this is a great place to learn, share info/opinions, or just to have a good time! :D

BerettaNut92
May 13, 2003, 06:58 PM
hieeeeeeee

Jokerman
May 13, 2003, 07:16 PM
I hope you guys like Colt 45 beer, cause that's what I drink.

Hey, how do you quote someone's post here? I don't see a tab on the bottom for that.

Mal H
May 13, 2003, 07:25 PM
Welcome to THR Jokerman!

It's a long story on why there is no "Reply with quote" and no need to go into it here. To quote someone, use your "cut" keys (or swipe the text with your mouse in the usual fashion) then paste the text in the "Quote" doodad on the post reply screen, or you can paste the text between the {quote}{/quote} tags (exchanging square brackets for the curly ones), whichever method you find easier.

Jokerman
May 13, 2003, 07:50 PM
^Ok, cool.

Does this board ever crash or have problems from too many users at one time? Or have all the kinks been worked out?

Safety First
May 13, 2003, 08:03 PM
Welcome to THR Jokerman, you have indeed found a great place to be for the gun enthusiasts,especially if your a novice like myself. As one member said it, if you can't find the answer to your gun questions here, you are in trouble. Like you I stumbled onto this board myself,and come here most every night for good information regarding guns,RKBA, and 2nd amendment. Lots of good conversation and some like Blades67 (among others)have a great sense of humour,so hang out with us and enjoy.

Jokerman
May 13, 2003, 08:15 PM
I don't know where to begin reading first. This place is going to destroy all my plans for tonight and many a night to come. I guess the first thing I should do is call my gf and tell her I won't be seeing her any more. Forget about me catching O'Reilly tonight.:uhoh:

Croyance
May 13, 2003, 09:11 PM
This board has few problems, the most recent one fixed just before your arrived. (Where were you last weekend, and what were you doing?:scrutiny: )
Forget about me catching O'Reilly tonight. This is why you have the computer in the same room as the TV, and a table you can eat from.
Also, try to get GF into same hobby and have her come over.
Basically, combine as many processes together as possible. That way you are sharing time together in her perception, while in reality you are bonding into your new community.
Other foums? There are quite a few.
HiPower (http://www.fnhipower.com) is a good special interest one. The highly knowledgable Stephen A. Camp moderates there. He also posts fine reviews here.
Glock Talk (http://www.glocktalk.com) is another, though it is currently under reconstruction.
1911 Forum (http://www.1911forum.com) is there, as well as Pistolsmith (http://www.pistolsmith.com). There are specialty forums for whatever your interest is.
Keep and Bear Arms (http://www.keepandbeararms.com) is another fine forum. There are many out there, many are the siblings of The High Road. Others may be able to list them better. I generally spend my time here, as this seems to be the most diverse.
I believe the the General Discussion of The Firing Line (http://www.thefiringline.com) there is a list of alternate homes.

coonan357
May 13, 2003, 09:24 PM
hey joker since you are a newbie give flyer a hand unloading the ammo and I'll be cheap make mine a arizona Iced Tea :neener:

Darrin
May 13, 2003, 10:21 PM
How come the new guys now only have to "buy the beer" or "buy the ammo?" I'm still getting over the inncident with the shaving cream. :what: :uhoh:

Greetings Jokerman. If you have any questions, just send them my way. I'm the only one here who know anything, the rest of these people are just for my amusement. :D

Did I mention I have to suddenly leave the country? :uhoh: ;)

Jokerman
May 13, 2003, 10:26 PM
Croyance, you're killing me with those forum links. They're great! Thanks.

Jokerman
May 13, 2003, 10:27 PM
Darrin, ur sig is funny.
:D

rebbryan
May 13, 2003, 10:46 PM
So who else likes this place?

actually we're all here because we hate this place

these forums are interesting and sometimes you find REALLY funny crap that'll make your eyes water. most of the funny things i've seen are in the handgun forum or legal and political fyi

skippie
May 13, 2003, 11:02 PM
Welcome......
Pull up a chair to the reloader:D

lostdog
May 14, 2003, 12:48 AM
Welcome to the matrix:neener: we have you know.

just remeber that not everybody knows everything, and everybody knows something.

beware the moderators:evil:

TheEgg
May 14, 2003, 02:32 PM
Don't ever, ever, ever, cross Tamara -- she is a moderator, has a razor wit, and has more guns than ANYONE!:D

10-Ring
May 14, 2003, 03:06 PM
Welcome to the High Road! :D

C Ya!

Croyance
May 14, 2003, 08:52 PM
I forgot about Packing (http://www.packing.org), a good place to look up the concealed carry laws of a state. I don't know if it applies to you, but if you are thinking about getting a liscence, it is the place to start for information.

MLH
May 15, 2003, 11:13 AM
If you check out The firing Line be sure to do a search for "The Lawdog Files." They will keep you in stitches for the better part of the night.:D

M2HMGHB
May 15, 2003, 01:37 PM
I'm hoping for some more LawDog stories. Cant wait to read them. I printed them all out before TFL closed down and still read them and laugh my butt off. My all time favorite is the ghost one.

AmericanFreeBird
May 15, 2003, 01:52 PM
Welcome aboard, I look forward to reading your posts.

AZTOY
May 15, 2003, 01:59 PM
Welcome to THR Jokerman:D

general
May 15, 2003, 04:11 PM
Jokerman
Welcome to The High Road!
Careful - you'll get hooked.
DOH! - too late.:D
P.S.
Tape O'Reilly - better yet set the VCR to tape it everynite. You know.... just in case... umm....for the children.

P95Carry
May 15, 2003, 04:20 PM
MLH .... thank you Sir for the mention of the ''LawDog Files'' ....... what classic stuff ......... wonderful way to add some humor to an otherwise rather dull day. Saved them to txt file.

Anyone wants to look instead of bother with search .........

LawDog Files (http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=146333&highlight=lawdog)

280PLUS
May 15, 2003, 05:10 PM
:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Hi I'm New Here" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!