XD Parts Compatibility

PDA

SuperNaut
September 26, 2006, 11:08 AM
Is the frame on the Service and Tactical the same?

If so wouldn't it make sense to just buy an additional slide assembly and effectively have both a 4" and a 5"?

If you enjoyed reading about "XD Parts Compatibility" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
XDKingslayer
September 26, 2006, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure, but the front slide rail (the metal one) may be in different spots between the two.

SuperNaut
September 26, 2006, 11:48 AM
I'll have to find someone with a 5" so I can compare the two frames (Correia?). I was thinking it would be really cool to have a ported match barrel 5" for target shooting and then switch back to the 4" for CCW.

Sean Dempsey
September 26, 2006, 11:53 AM
This doens't show the slide release, but it shows the frames. It's not a edit, those are 2 different pictures of a 4" and a 5" from springfields website, so its not photoshopped, those are the actual guns.

This is NOT meant to be used in purchasing decisions! Its just a quick and dirty example. :neener:

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=45411&stc=1&d=1159285547

SuperNaut
September 26, 2006, 11:58 AM
I just talked with Springfield and they don't sell anything separately, unfortunately. They were really nice about it.

I told them that a package with both barrel/slide assemblies would be a very attractive option for many shooters. I wonder how open to suggestion they are?

SuperNaut
September 26, 2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks for that Sean! That is a really smart animation!

If you enjoyed reading about "XD Parts Compatibility" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!