Mail or internet order clays.

PDA

10MMGary
September 26, 2006, 04:32 PM
I was curious to know if anyone here has a good reliable source for ordering clays? I keep running into too many broken ones and wondered if there was a good source for UPS/FedEx/USPS delivery? Also are some brands known for being less prone to break accidently(other than the ones I miss:D ) ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mail or internet order clays." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
esheato
September 27, 2006, 01:06 AM
I wouldn't trust mail order to supply undamaged clays.

I would definitely look for a local shotgunning establishment (trap, skeet, sporting) and inquire about purchasing from them. Shipping is on them and you can hand select the least damaged boxes.

Ed

Jim Reaves
September 27, 2006, 09:15 PM
Try your local WalMart first. I recently purchased a large number of clays for two dollars a case. My local store was over stocked with them and I got a real deal. According to the Manager, they can get you a really good price if you order several cases. Plus you can check the boxes to insure they are not broken.
If that doesn't work, check with your local skeet range, they order them by the truck loads.

Larry Ashcraft
September 27, 2006, 09:31 PM
Clays shipped by common carrier would arrive as dust, trust me. Plus the shipping would cost more than the clays did. The only way the distributor will ship them is by the pallet.

WalMart sells 90 ct White Flyers for about $4.29, IIRC. Sportsmans Warehouse has a large selecton at decent prices. I buy mine at a local farm supply store - $6.99 for 135 ct White Flyers. A little higher than WalMart, but I would rather shop locally.

I don't think I've ever seen more than one or two broken clays in the boxes I've bought.

10MMGary
September 30, 2006, 02:45 PM
Larry Jim Esheato thanks to you all for your responses. I kind of figured as much.
Gary

gezzer
September 30, 2006, 10:09 PM
What is with the 90 count clay it is not standard for any clay sport. As for buing clay find a large shop as the shipping is the KILLER on clay. We buy from a distributor that we pick up the clays by the pallet for our club min order 3 pallets. When we buy six-nine we get free delivery but we have it done at a members shop who has a fork lift!

If you enjoyed reading about "Mail or internet order clays." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!